PDA

View Full Version : 5sfe trubo set up

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-07-2013, 02:26 PM
looking to do a turbo set up with my 1991 GTS.
what kind of hp gains have people seen doing this.
lookin gat doing cp pistons, eagle rods.

different oil pump. engine rebuild gaskit kit.
Cometic head gaskit.

3sgte ct26 turbo and manifold.

any luck with this from anyone?

METDeath
07-07-2013, 03:18 PM
People have done 5S-FTE builds (as they are called). Most notably presure2 was one of the early pioneers. He did it on a low mileage rev 2 5S-FE (under 100k with a knock sensor). He eventually got to about 300 HP/ 300 ft-lbs or pretty close to that.

Lonestag
07-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm currently doing a 5SFTE but i'm taking my time sweet time about it, havn't really gotten into the meat of the project yet.
You are going to have to run some sort of engine mangement system (SAFC, Emanage, Megasquirt, etc...). I have heard that with a very particualr set of new injectors, at a low boost preasure (I think it was 8PSI) the stock ECU can cope, but I personally think it is probably wiser to get the engine tuned correctly.

You will also need a oil pan that is tapped for an oil feed to the turbo and some sort of intercooler of course.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
12-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Im going to tackle the 5sfte project. doing total engine rebuild for forged rods and pistons. should i go with the 3sgte rods? or have stock forged rods made for the 5s? ive herd many people use the 3s rods.

and what kind of injectors do you prefer? and eventually ill look into the feul management system and walbro feul pump.

METDeath
12-12-2013, 09:32 AM
5SFTE, go check out Presure2's build thread, he probably has done the most research on that build and has the most well known build, nearly 300whp iirc.

andy
12-17-2013, 03:12 PM
I did one with no problems on a 91 gt
Here is what I did
factory ct26 from alltrac
custom intercooler and piping
supra 315cc injectors
mr2 turbo 2 bar map
timing set at 6 deg
wideband 02 gauge
stock boost level

ran great, even with 180k miles on it.
Theres a thread maybe on it somewhere

muscle_bound89@Live.com
10-24-2014, 08:58 AM
I did not buy after market cam gears. can i use the stock one? and I am looking for big power. how much can a t3/t4 push?

METDeath
10-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I did not buy after market cam gears. and I am looking for big power.

That is going to be an issue.

bloodMoney
10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
^This.

Manny pushed his 5SFTE as far as he could and it was only about 330hp or so. The MR2 guys that go for big power typically go with a 5S-GTE. The GTE head flows better to help with the power. The issue with the FE head is the narrow valve angles. They restrict the airflow too far to allow any big power to be made on that head.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
12-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Ok so here is a list of parts im buying soon
Turbonetics ashley T3 turbo
HKS SSQ Blow off valve
Tial 38mm wastegate with 1 bar spring
mishimoto j line intercooler, mishumoto sandwich plate for oil cooler and turbo oil feed line
oil lines
2.5 inch intercooler piping

Also i have found a 3sgte feul rail with 2jz pink injectors does anybody know the hp rating for those injectors?