PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problem

819_ay
07-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey, as the title says I'm having Tranny problems, and would meet some help knowing what the problem is... It's a manual st185 with a spec stage 2 clutch, and original transmission, yesterday I was on the highway doing some racing and hard shifts and we'll now it stuck in a gear... Even with the stick around neutral when I turn it on its still I gear, if I put it I reverse it wants to go back and forward... is the transmisson gone? or is it something else??

Any help is appreciated thanks

Edit: I was not literally racing I just pushed her to 140 and I was all alone on the highway at 1 am...so no need to give me shit for racing thanks...

MCcelica
07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Yes. That is God's punishment to you for being a moron racing on the highway. Your entire car is boned and you should sell it.

GT-Steezy
07-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Yes. That is God's punishment to you for being a moron racing on the highway. Your entire car is boned and you should sell it.

no remorse for highway racing.

819_ay
07-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Well I wasn't really racing I... I just pushed her... Brought her up to 140 and that's it and It was 1 am... I'm with you guys on high way racing I'm against it too... I keep racing on the track thanks anyways... And I'm not selling my car btw...

Sent using Tapatalk 2

MCcelica
07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Well I wasn't really racing I... I just pushed her... Brought her up to 140 and that's it and It was 1 am... I'm with you guys on high way racing I'm against it too... I keep racing on the track thanks anyways... And I'm not selling my car btw...

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I see you are from Quebec. So I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you mean 140kph and not mph.

The first spot I would check is the linkage. It could be that your shifter cables stretched, or something isn't moving right. It could still be a variety of things, but if we can rule that out, it's onto the next.

819_ay
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Linkage seems fine...im going to swap the tranny this wknd...what kind of seals and gasket should I change while its out...and what kind of transmission oil should I use

And yes 140 km/h...

Thanks