PDA

View Full Version : 1991 exhaust kit

muscle_bound89@Live.com
06-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Is the set up for say a GTS and the all track have the same exhaust set up? Ive found a few kits but all say for GT4 or all track. If they match all the hangers ill go ahead and get it.

I found a kit made by pace setter. and im researching for others.

METDeath
06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
No, they aren't the same, there is the whole one has a turbo, one doesn't thing.

fussellbug
06-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Where the exhaust piping is run on the GT-S, the Alltrac has a driveshaft. The exhaust on the alltrac is offset toward the right side of the car and hangs from different points.

underscore
06-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Like they said, the exhaust is completely different. The downpipe connection is different, the midpipe is different, and the axleback is different.

Slider
06-28-2013, 09:21 PM
You won't find much. I would buy your own muffler and have a muffler shop weld up an 2.5" crush bent exhaust for you if it's a NA 5sfe. You can get it done at reasonable price if it's crush bent, resonator is optional. What's your goal? More power? More loud? Both? Magnaflow mufflers sound pretty good on our cars.

METDeath
06-28-2013, 10:39 PM
I liked how my Flowmaster 40 series sounded with a stock header/cat but no resonator.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I found one made by pace setter. its like a 2.2 inch pipe so closer to stock. I want a deep sound not the ricer bumble bee sound. and im planning on turbo the 5sfe. I got someone on ebay that does the CP pistons. and will get the manifold n such to go with it.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Also if I get the 3sgte turbo manifold and down pipe will one of those exhaust systems hook up to the down pipe?

METDeath
07-08-2013, 02:34 PM
If you are going to boost, just wait until you boost, then get a local exhaust shop to make you an exhaust.

4thgenceli
07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Second what MetDeath said. You'll need to redo at least 25% of the exhaust if you did it then went turbo. A local shop here in town charged me $170 to build a full exhaust from downpipe back in 3". I provided a muffler.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tonythesom
07-17-2013, 09:19 PM
2.50 is too big for 5sfe 2.25 max

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-18-2013, 12:39 PM
I just foud a pretty nice turbo kit for 500 bucks T3/T4 turbo with down pipe, manifold, BOV
Ill post link later. But its not an ebay kit.

Physlis
07-18-2013, 01:17 PM
If you find you don't go turbo, a custom 2.25" header-back is the way to go. Don't get the Pacesetter kit, I considered it for a time but I've only found bad reviews mostly involving premature failure. I have a cheap header from eBay, with 2.25" the whole way to a Magnaflow dual-tip exhaust. It looks close to stock but definitely sounds a lot better.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-19-2013, 07:40 AM
what header did you go with? ive herd some bad review about stuff off of ebay. Sometimes the welding is not good.
But I Think alot of OBX is sold on ebay. what kind of horse power are you getting out of it now with N/A ive been told not to waste time with NA on these cars since there stock at 130 hp. maybe if you regrind cams do head work and the full exhaust.

ill be doing the turbo kit. Ill be taking my 5s engine into a machine shop when i get home from deployment to have it prepped for new internals.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1643
the kit is listed on that site. dont think you can get any cheaper than that. and its not ebay lol.

underscore
07-19-2013, 03:41 PM
SSAC is mostly regarded as having fairly poor quality in the Celica realm, but over the last few years they've reportedly improved quite a bit. If nothing else, you can use their header and clean up the welds and add a bit of bracing at it should hold up just fine.

Also looking at their site, I'd love to get a Toyota RX7 haha.

Physlis
07-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I dont know what header it actually is, but I know it's a knock-off Megan Racing header. At the time I paid around $50 for it but they've gone way up in price since then.

As for power on N/A, I didn't get an increase in HP as much as more throttle response. It definitely helped free up the flow restrictions in the exhaust which gave me a little more get-up. It may not be faster, but it definitely feels more alive even after pushing over 250,000 miles.