PDA

View Full Version : folding mirrors question

crymson
06-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm looking at a set of folding mirrors, they're coming off a parts car the the seller isn't exactly sure what's needed to put them on a USDM vehicle.

I remember reading you need the mirrors, the pigtails from the mirrors, the switch in the console, it's pigtail, and an ecu with pigtail. is that it? Also, where is that ecu?

Physlis
06-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Not sure on the actual locations of the components, but I also have done this conversion (actually it's still in progress, awaiting final installation). I made my own wiring harnesses between the pigtails but if you can get the entire loom it will help immensley, I have a copy of the wiring diagram if you need it.

As for the mirrors themselves, if they're from a LHD car you will need new glass designed for RHD. I picked up a set on eBay, if I can find the link again I'll post it, I even got a set with power heating that I still need to wire. I have a write-up on that project as well.

crymson
06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
but you didnt need a different ecu thn the mirror control unit that came with your trac?

david in germany
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Boom, Knowledge headshot!
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?14515-Wiring-Diagram-JDM-Folding-Power-Mirrors-(56K-Warning)

Physlis
06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks DiG, that'll probably come in handy once I get to my final installation.

Here's the How-to on replacing the glass and adding heated mirrors (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?47646-How-To-Wiring-heated-mirrors&p=30098276#post30098276) if you so choose:

crymson
06-14-2013, 04:00 AM
awesome DiG. i knew someone had done this before.

edit: Still wondering where the mirror control unit is located on the car

david in germany
06-14-2013, 11:44 AM
awesome DiG. i knew someone had done this before.

edit: Still wondering where the mirror control unit is located on the car

I stuck mine under the center console near the mirror switch. There is plenty of room for it under there.

crymson
06-14-2013, 12:24 PM
i actually meant on the original car, but i found the proper diagram ithink. thanks though