PDA

View Full Version : Removing dash board

muscle_bound89@Live.com
06-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Has anyone done this. I had someone paint my dash board black and they did a shit job of it so I want to reupholster it. Ive have alot of practice with upholstery so no problem here. the only thing is trying to get the A/C vents off. the ones on the top side of the dash are screwed in from underneeth.

anyone supply me with pictures or know how to do it. I attempted to remove it once and got every bolt except the ac vents .

I will be doing a full interior job with black vinyl. Origonally everything was sprayed in satin black spray paint its ok but I think vinyl would look more professional.

ChrisD
06-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I've done it...don't really have pics or a step by step. Basically it was a pain and you just have to be very careful that you have all the bolts out before pulling, or risk breaking something off.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Physlis
06-02-2013, 11:05 PM
I've also accomplished this job, twice. But I also can't quite recall exactly how it went or have step-by-steps. Which AC vents are you having issues with?

muscle_bound89@Live.com
06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I atempted to get the AC vent on the passenger side off. and as for the top vents im pretty sure they are screwed into the AC piping.

Physlis
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I've never had an issue with the vents preventing the dash removal, the piping and vents mate up with a foam seal. I'll take a pic of what I mean as soon as I'm up near my AT again and the underside of the dash.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
06-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Also has anyone atempted to reupholster dash boards door panels?
Thats what I want to doo. I pinted the panels. and i think would look more professional upholsterd.

alltracman78
06-09-2013, 12:04 AM
The "top" vents [defrosters, by the windshield] don't [and won't] come out until you remove the dash from the car.
The 2 side defrosting vents aimed at the windows need to come out, and are just held in by plastic nubs on the vents. Pry them out. GENTLY.
There's also a bolt/nut hiding behind the cluster that's in deep.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
06-14-2013, 08:21 AM
for the vents no top near the window. just get a flat head screw driver and they should pop out?

Physlis
06-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Pretty much, once the dash is off you can get at the tabs from the bottom which can make it easier.