PDA

View Full Version : help with routing of vac hoses and eratic idle

jewels
05-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Got a 90 2.2 manual celica and need help with erratic idle and now one vacume hose is gone guess it fell off > lol> yea I need to know where the vacume hoses in the back of the engine on top go I looked at them last night and idk how but one is totally gone from the sensor and I believe it goes to the egr. also just replaced egr valve with newer one and idle changed and runs a little less erratic but the idle still is erratic a bit and also makes some sort of whistleing sound and its not coming from THe sensors it was making this noise before replacing egr and missing the one vacume line. any sugestions?:borg:

Shadowlife25
05-29-2013, 12:39 AM
The vacuum hose routing diagram is posted under the hood of the car. Just have a look and trace them.

jewels
05-29-2013, 08:00 AM
yeah I tried that and cant quite see it cuz its faded too much

jewels
05-29-2013, 08:17 AM
well got that fixed and now erratic idle still a problem changed egr and had to adjust the idle because it kept stalling when coming to a stop also when the car is sitting at idle it makes a wirring sound with high pitch then low and so on anybody else had this happen? or any ideas I pinned the noise to the back of the motor under the firewall area its annoying

jewels
05-30-2013, 09:25 AM
okay....im going to search archives for idle problemos,,,, sure to find some thang familiar

alltracman78
06-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Vacuum leak causes a surging idle on engines with a MAP sensor [like the 5SFE].
IIRC there's a pipe back there that has a nut that threads onto the valve. Is that tight?
Is the EGR valve 2 nuts tight to the manifold? New gasket there?
Is the EGR valve new? Or just new to you? :P

You might also have hooked the lines up wrong. You need that diagram. It may still be available from the dealer [the sticker].
Or you could take a look at the BGB. You don't need the complete diagram, if you go to the EGR section it SHOULD have it laid out.

sasquatch
06-09-2013, 12:23 PM
As previously posted, there is a diagram under the hood. Just follow the lines and you'll be fine (as far as connecting everything correctly)

taibones
06-16-2013, 10:45 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?40196-EGR-Removal-Guide&highlight=taibones