PDA

View Full Version : convertible stableizer bar

grimmythereaper
05-07-2013, 04:30 AM
http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/images/stylingbars/tanstylingbar.jpg

i was wondering if this is for looks or if it really does do something? if it does help stablelize the vert does anyone make something like this for our verts? and will it work with the top going up and down bc i dont want to have to remove the bar to put the top back up.

The Captain
05-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I've never seen anything like it for our verts. IMHO it wouldn't do much for chassis stiffness unless it attached somehow to the A pillar. Probably more for roll over.

93celicaconv
05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
It would have to attach to something very, very securely and be built to handle the forces associated with a rollover. In my opinion, I think it is for looks. And for me, I'd much rather have the entire space open if riding in the back seat (although back seats of Celica convertibles are not real appealing to adults on long road trips, are they?).

Car_Barn_Bandit
05-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd sit in the back seat of a vert, before I got in the backseat of a hardtop. At least I get head room and don't feel like a tin can is being crushed around me.

93celicaconv
05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I'd sit in the back seat of a vert, before I got in the backseat of a hardtop. At least I get head room and don't feel like a tin can is being crushed around me.

Good point!

celica9303
05-19-2013, 06:52 AM
t
http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/images/stylingbars/tanstylingbar.jpg

i was wondering if this is for looks or if it really does do something? if it does help stablelize the vert does anyone make something like this for our verts? and will it work with the top going up and down bc i dont want to have to remove the bar to put the top back up.

The bar on mustang is to Add structural integrity, and stiffen suspension. So yes it does have a purpose. Unlike Ford Toyota knows how to reinforce a convertible w/o adding a "sissy" bar. Basically what Ford did was cut the roof off a gt and drove it and said "oh shit" and then added the bar to fix it.