PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Lite?

buffalohunter7321
05-07-2013, 01:28 AM
On my 88 trac the trouble lite of the whole car with the signal of tail lights on or brake lights on, means what??

Any ways I have checked the tail, brake, running, turning signal lights and they all work fine. This just started happening with in the last week. Now the trouble light will stay off until I apply the brakes and than it stays on until I turn the car off.
Any one know what this is???
Jack

jdm_celica_gts
05-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Alternator? Not to sure, ill look in my manual

buffalohunter7321
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Just replaced the alternator with a brand new one, not a rebuilt one but a never before used one.

There is another thing that happens also, is when my turn signals is on or the brakes are applied, I notice the motor idols down from 750 RPM's to 500 RPM's!!? But when there off the car idols just fine. Oh, this also happens when the heater motor in on too.
Now it dose not happen when the defroster, wipers or lights are on. Still talking about the idol here and not the trouble lite

4thgenceli
05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Go over your engine bay wiring. Make sure all grounds are secure and clean.

For your first problem, that little light is detecting a burnt out bulb in the rear of the car somewhere. Double check all lights. Personally, I would pull them all out, clean the sockets and put new bulbs in. They're inexpensive enough that you can change all the rear bulbs for around $10-15.

buffalohunter7321
05-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I have previously checked the whole engine bay for lose or corroded ground wires' even took them off and sanded and cleaned them and the contact spots. I did this when checking the alternator to see if it was bad or not. Ended up needing a new battery, but bought the new alternator just in case. As for the rear lights, I have checked them all: marker, tail, turn, brake, running, license, 3rd. brake light, They all work great.
Could it be in the dash lights?