PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro.

Seregdae
05-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Anthony
Senior Retail Assoc. at a major thrift store (may not sound like much but I have full benefits)
Anderson, SC
1991 Celica STX
1994 Mazda Navajo

I just picked up my Celica a month and a half ago following a major brake malfunction in my SUV. I fell in love with the little car five minutes into the test drive and couldn't go home without it. A few weeks later I broke my foot and have been stuck on my butt unable to drive at all as it is a manual of course. This has, however, given me ample time to read around online and learn tons about the little 1.6 liter that could. As it stands, I simply plan on getting her in perfect running order and then saving up to either engine swap her in a few years or sell her for an s-series that would make the swap much more simple and cheaper overall. Well that's about all I have for now, I am glad to be here and appreciate the professional appearance and guidelines of this forum.

Nitro_Alltrac
05-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Welcome! Hopefully you get healed up soon and back on the road. You've come to the right place for info on you car.

MCcelica
05-06-2013, 04:05 AM
Welcome. There are swaps available for the A series as well, that make plenty of power. Feel free to investigate the 4age or 4agze route as well.

Seregdae
05-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Thank you for the welcomes and well-wishing. I am also considering an a-series engine as it would make the swap exponentially easier and softer on the wallet. I suppose it all comes down to just how much I will have set aside when I do decide to go for it. I have already noticed the wealth of information here and I've been reading so much already my eyes are nearly bleeding. I can't wait to get around again and get a wrench back in my hand.

grimmythereaper
05-06-2013, 05:13 AM
dont feel to bad i twisted my ankle about 6 months after i got my old ST and couldnt drive her for a month bc of course i had to have a standard and of course the ankle that got twisted.........my clutch leg, lol. welcome and i hope u get better soon, also dont forget about the 4age silvertop and blacktop :)

Seregdae
05-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Yeah it's awful, especially when I wake every day and have to see her sitting out there. I ended up needing a plate and two screws put into my foot and I am three weeks now without driving at all and two weeks before I can put light weight on my foot. I messed up my right foot and occasionally cruise around in my family's spare car, a 300k+ mileage '03 accord...using my left foot while trying to cram my right leg in its gigantic immobilizer boot between the steering wheel and center console. It has to be the least comfortable driving position ever, but it beats the hell out of couch surfing.

MCcelica
05-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Dude, do you at least have some kind of cool story to go with it at least? Some kind of dragon slaying blaze of glory type thing?

Seregdae
05-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Well no dragons were involved but I kicked a man in the side of the head so hard it broke the metatarsal of my big toe. haha if only...nah, sadly I just kicked the bumper of a minivan out of frustration and managed to nail a solid point that didn't give at all. I suppose I was expecting just fiberglass for some reason. Needless to say my frustration evaporated immediately.

Hookecho
05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I hate minivans too.

MCcelica
05-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Ah. Hahaha, well that'll learn ya.

jdm_celica_gts
05-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Welcome, pics of the car?
Sorry about your foot! Hope for a speedy recovery.

Murgatroy
05-07-2013, 02:39 AM
I was up and walking on a broken hip less than two weeks after having three titanium pins put in. I drove myself home from the hospital right after sneaking out after surgery.

Don't follow my mistake.

The car will be there.

The rest of my advice, focus on the suspension before you decide how fast you want to go.

Welcome aboard. You will be hard pressed to find a better group of miscreants.

Grimnor
05-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Hello!

Name: Logan
Celica: two (yes two) 1988 St165 all tracs.
One is currently my daily driver, but is more than a little rough, the other is slowly going to become a track car. I have been in love with the all trac celicas since I was in high school and my 1988 323 GTX got destroyed by one! I hope to be a welcome addition to the community!

MCcelica
05-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Whenever you get a chance, you should make a thread in the "my project" section so we can see what you've been up to, and possibly give some pointers.

Seregdae
05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Thank you, I have a couple of low-res pictures in my gallery, but I haven't been a member for a week yet so I cannot post links.

Murgatroy: Once the doctor told me I could end up having to have the plate taken back out if I mess it up, I decided I'd stick to his advice of staying off of it. After doing lots of homework, I think suspension is actually the best place to start as I am more concerned about making this car run perfectly before I really bother doing any tuning and under-the-hood upgrading.

Grimnor: welcome, you have come to the right place as in the few days I have been here, I have seen that theses fine folks are quite knowledgable and helpful.

Rodzy
05-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Name: Rok
Cars owned: 1996 Mazda Lantis
1989 Suzuki Samurai Off road
1996 Toyota Celica ST202

I bought my Celica few days ago from a friend and now I'm working to ger her on the road again :cool: Pics in a week.

grimmythereaper
05-13-2013, 03:14 PM
welcome