View Full Version : Performance Upgrade Questions

05-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Okay so I've got a stock Celica 1990, I just ordered the engine reman, a new head reman, all for a 2.2 DOHC.
I was going to have it ported an polished.

Now I have no idea about forged internals.
However does anyone have a good source to find a place I can buy online Performance Camshafts, Pistons, an a 255 walbro Fuel Pump.

The Walbro Fuel Pump was the recommended upgrade for the 3SGTE, but I just need to know a place to buy these that will fit my car EXACTLY.

I'm new anyone have any suggestions?
I think I may have said the fuel tank wrong but I know it's a 255 walbro, just not sure what too look up on google or eBay.

05-06-2013, 09:41 PM
for forged pistons, cp, wiseco makes them for the 5s! they can possibly make high comps for the 5s to, you jus need to chat it up with them.

05-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Do not buy a Walbro 255 unless it's from a reseller confirmed by Walbro, there are piles and piles of fake Walbro 255's out there. Also most aftermarket fuel pumps are fairly generic in fitment, there won't be a drop in solution for your car.

You can't buy aftermarket cams for the 5S, however you can have them reground for some small gains. I'm not sure what you want/need forged internals for in a stock 5S unless you plan on boosting it.

05-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Well I was going to turbo it later down the road but i just wanted to know if it was possible to have bigger cams or pistons, no really sure what gives your power, if its the size or what.

05-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Just curious - how many people have rebuilt the Rev 1 series 5S-FE engines (1990-1991) with turbos and, after completing them and using them for several years, have felt the work & cost was worth it in the end?