PDA

View Full Version : Performance Upgrade Questions

DanteDemont
05-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Okay so I've got a stock Celica 1990, I just ordered the engine reman, a new head reman, all for a 2.2 DOHC.
I was going to have it ported an polished.

Now I have no idea about forged internals.
However does anyone have a good source to find a place I can buy online Performance Camshafts, Pistons, an a 255 walbro Fuel Pump.

The Walbro Fuel Pump was the recommended upgrade for the 3SGTE, but I just need to know a place to buy these that will fit my car EXACTLY.

I'm new anyone have any suggestions?
I think I may have said the fuel tank wrong but I know it's a 255 walbro, just not sure what too look up on google or eBay.

zen
05-06-2013, 09:41 PM
for forged pistons, cp, wiseco makes them for the 5s! they can possibly make high comps for the 5s to, you jus need to chat it up with them.

underscore
05-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Do not buy a Walbro 255 unless it's from a reseller confirmed by Walbro, there are piles and piles of fake Walbro 255's out there. Also most aftermarket fuel pumps are fairly generic in fitment, there won't be a drop in solution for your car.

You can't buy aftermarket cams for the 5S, however you can have them reground for some small gains. I'm not sure what you want/need forged internals for in a stock 5S unless you plan on boosting it.

DanteDemont
05-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Well I was going to turbo it later down the road but i just wanted to know if it was possible to have bigger cams or pistons, no really sure what gives your power, if its the size or what.

93celicaconv
05-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Just curious - how many people have rebuilt the Rev 1 series 5S-FE engines (1990-1991) with turbos and, after completing them and using them for several years, have felt the work & cost was worth it in the end?