PDA

View Full Version : replacement VIN tag

celica9303
04-05-2013, 02:57 AM
A few years ago, I was pulled over and the woman cop poked and prodded for a reason to give me a ticket. Opened hood checked stickers, measured ride height......anything, she came up with nothing. So let me go with a warning to put a front plate on the car( still haven't/won't)

Forgot about this till I was looking around the car earlier today.

Anyways she also pointed out/accused me of stealing my own car because the vin tag on the dash is gone. Few weeks prior it was there, the rivets are there but the section of the tag that matters is gone. Can I get a new stamped one from anywhere? Only place on car that has the vin now is the door placard.

Can I get a new one of those also? As im going to be swaping doors. I want the correct identification for my vehicle.

New VIN plate for dash + Door placard.

METDeath
04-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Could ask the dealer... doubt they'd just give you one though.

Murgatroy
04-05-2013, 03:23 AM
How does the VIN tag just vanish?

METDeath
04-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Elves... little fuckers got a break from making cookies, and needed some extra scrap.

celica9303
04-05-2013, 03:31 AM
I'll take a pic tomorrow, it's just gone.

Why Wouldn't they if I have proof of ownership?

T-spoon
04-06-2013, 03:04 AM
My dash VIN plate is there, but it is so corroded it could be the VIN plate for anything and noone would know. I have no clue where you could get an "Official" replacement. You could probably have a plate made and rivet it on there, but that might be more suspicious, I dunno.

celica9303
04-07-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm more worried about the door tag personally....just curious about the dash