PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust height with Eibach sport springs

waycool
04-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Is there a way (spring isolators, shims, etc.) to adjust the ride height of my 93 GTS. I am getting ready to do my suspension with Eibach sport springs and Koni sport struts. I currently have 17x8 Rial wheels with 225-45 tires. There is approximately 1.5 inches to my wheel well now. Anyone do anything creative.

METDeath
04-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Yes, replace them with something else. I ran the Sportlines for a few years both with KYBs and with Koni Yellows. Then switched over the 6th gen TRD springs (same ride height, shorter and stiffer spring, but better ride with Koni Yellows). However, if you want taller you need to run either stock springs or get some form of coil overs, either Koni + Ground Controls or one of the coil over assemblies (Megan, is the preferred brand, K-Sport is okay if they still make them, and Tein I think only makes stuff for the ST185 now).

Edit: I realize that's not the answer you're looking for... if you wanted to get "creative" you could always carefully cut and weld the spring perches higher by .5" or something. If you weren't going Koni that would last you until you changed the rear struts, but since you are, you can easily, and also somewhat safely do that. Provided you have the required equipment.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-05-2013, 02:53 AM
I regret buying my Eibachs. They've gone softer as time goes on.

METDeath
04-05-2013, 02:54 AM
I regret buying my Eibachs. They've gone softer as time goes on.

Yeah... couldn't tell you on the TRDs... didn't even get a year with them. However, that became my issue as well, the Sportlines just weren't firm enough anymore. I switched to the TRDs thinking I'd gain a half inch or so. I about freaked when I stuck the TRD spring next to the Eibach and the TRD was shorter by at least half an inch, if not more.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-05-2013, 04:27 AM
It'll be H&R next go around I'm sure. Blackhawk needs so much attention.

waycool
04-06-2013, 12:56 AM
I was told by the spring rep that Eibach and H&R springs were made from the same spring material. The H&R springs are only a little taller than the Eibach. I would think that the Germans would make a quality spring. The springs on my car now have gone 200K, what do you think about going with stock and Koni yellows. Blackhawk, I would be really suprised if the Eibach's damped out in a year.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-06-2013, 01:02 AM
My Eibachs not only softened, but the protective coating peeled. As they are Pro-lines, which were discontinued, I was stiffed on a warranty replacement. I had a long fight with Eibach, and now will not buy from them again.

Ultimately, you get what you pay for.