PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Dragon Train (departing from roughly Atlanta)

METDeath
04-04-2013, 03:09 AM
So yeah, probably doing the same route we did last year, or maybe the one that starts up I-85 since we haven't done that one in a few.

This is primarily a thread to see who will be driving up from the ATL area on Friday April 26th. Also, that people can feel less adventurous and know that they have a seat to ride in. So post up if you're driving up with us, and if you have an open passenger seat (back seats are not advised as people have tossed cookies in the past).

I will edit this post as it is bumped.

1.) METDeath, most likely open right seat ('cause bitches be scared)
2.) BloodMoney and AlltracNyx. No open seats.
3.) Andy (in Bugs' blue Celica), probably with PearlJammz
4.) Bugs (in something) with either Luni or BabyBear in bitch seat
5.) TheCaptain, and his special lady friend
6.) cavemanlarry, open seat
7.) Hook & wife

Probably failing to attend:
1.) vip09 can't 14.7 his way to the Dragon edit: called it

bloodMoney
04-04-2013, 05:43 AM
2. BloodMoney and Nyx. No open seats.

andy
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Ill be driving Bens blue celica, with pearljammzzzzazzz I think.

vip09
04-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Not sure if I am going yet. Depends what is going on with my classes on that Friday.

andy
04-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Ryan i will bang your eye sockets if you cheap out on us.

Luni
04-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Pretty sure Baby Bear will be with Bugs. Bugs will be in that train.

I will likely be with Larry, although I need to talk to him about it, just assumed thats how it would be cause he has an empty seat.

The Captain
04-04-2013, 11:01 PM
2. BloodMoney and Nyx. No open seats.
Laps?

No seat in Princess this year. w00t!

I haven't decided on the route (not that it's my decision). Since it will be my passengers first Dragon I probably won't lead this year (subject to change without notice). I don't know how she'll do with the fast cornering.

Murgatroy
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Laps?

I haven't decided on the route (not that it's my decision). Since it will be my passengers first Dragon I probably won't lead this year (subject to change without notice). I don't know how she'll do with the fast cornering.

I suppose it is a good thing we have been doing it as long as we have then. I remember the days you and I were the only ones that knew where we were going. Then we took that Yankee with us, and the three of us took off and tore down the mountain. And waited something like three hours for the rest of them to find us.

I bet Luni still harbors a little bit of pissiness over that.

I think he was just pissed cause I had Baby Bear with me. He was worried we were gonna corrupt him back in them there mountains.

The Captain
04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
^seems like so long ago...

Luni
04-05-2013, 12:37 AM
No, I was pissed because while I knew how to get back to SOMEWHERE, I didnt know exactly where I was going, and I dont like being left behind. It is a huge pet peeve. It has come from riding ATVs in the mountains on switchback trails that fork all the time. The rule of thumb is, if you turn off of the road youre on, you WAIT for the guy behind you to SEE where you turned. You guys didnt wait. Fortunately we found where we were going.

But in all seriousness, it IS a pet peeve of mine when you have a couple of "leaders" and they both take off and leave you behind. That said, fuck you Murg! :p

alltracNyx
04-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Laps?

Hopefully, Princess will have an older sister worthy of parking next to her this year...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk ^_^

Luni
04-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Ill pay you 20 dollars if I dont have to lift a tool to whatever vehicle you guys bring Stac.... :p

The Captain
04-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Hopefully, Princess will have an older sister worthy of parking next to her this year...

I like older sisters...

Murgatroy
04-05-2013, 01:32 AM
No, I was pissed because while I knew how to get back to SOMEWHERE, I didnt know exactly where I was going, and I dont like being left behind. It is a huge pet peeve. It has come from riding ATVs in the mountains on switchback trails that fork all the time. The rule of thumb is, if you turn off of the road youre on, you WAIT for the guy behind you to SEE where you turned. You guys didnt wait. Fortunately we found where we were going.

But in all seriousness, it IS a pet peeve of mine when you have a couple of "leaders" and they both take off and leave you behind. That said, fuck you Murg! :p

See, I knew it. :p

I am still leaning toward not doing a run. Just going shopping. I think that is what the wife has planned for sure.

METDeath
04-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Pretty sure Baby Bear will be with Bugs. Bugs will be in that train.

I will likely be with Larry, although I need to talk to him about it, just assumed thats how it would be cause he has an empty seat.

When they post as such, I will update. I know that Larry is coming up on Friday, but waiting for him to chime in, or I'll ask him in person tomorrow.

I will most likely end up doing my swaybar and audio install on Thursday prior to the cook out as I haven't had time to work on the car, and will be out of town most of next week and all the week prior.

So Stacy, I may have you doing your old job again ;p

alltracNyx
04-05-2013, 02:34 AM
^ Learn how to spell my name first.

And fack you, Luni! We'll find something for you to do.

METDeath
04-05-2013, 02:36 AM
^ Learn how to spell my name first.

And fack you, Luni! We'll find something for you to do.

I don't know what you're talking about...

donteatbugs
04-05-2013, 03:40 AM
Me and luni or babybear will be in either a MR2 or a LS400. I guess its battle royal for the spot.

Murgatroy
04-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Two bears enter, one bear leaves!

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-05-2013, 04:25 AM
Two bears enter, one bear leaves honey behind!

Fixed.

METDeath
04-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Laps?

Probably make Bugs or Luni do it as I miss the shit out of some turns...

Luni
04-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Bugs can lead, although I worry if hes leading nobody will be able to keep up with him if Cappy isnt driving fast. I dont know how well Andy drives that Celica. If he drives it as "well" as he did his Hachi it will be SLOW (sorry Andy) :p

METDeath
04-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Bugs can lead, although I worry if hes leading nobody will be able to keep up with him if Cappy isnt driving fast. I dont know how well Andy drives that Celica. If he drives it as "well" as he did his Hachi it will be SLOW (sorry Andy) :p

I think what this really means is that either I lead with someone else that knows the way in right seat, or Cappy takes his special lady friend out for a quick jaunt and see how she handles the twisties.

andy
04-05-2013, 04:16 PM
corolla = shitbox
celica = gokart

Im just a slow driver, I like to enjoy the surroundings as much as the road. Its very pretty up there.

Luni
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Then Ill drive the Celica, you can ride shotty, put Baby Bear with Bugs, and put Brian with Larry since those 2 love each other so much.

vip09
04-06-2013, 07:20 AM
If I end up going I will have an empty seat.

The Captain
04-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm in the mountains right now. Lady friend handles the twisties like a boss!

Hookecho
04-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Makes sense. She is the boss..

The Captain
04-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Makes sense. She is the boss..
Technically she's Chief of Staff...

Hookecho
04-07-2013, 04:19 PM
How does she feel about the exit pole?

METDeath
04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Balls deep.

donteatbugs
04-08-2013, 02:08 PM
I hope you were on the bike

donteatbugs
04-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Then Ill drive the Celica, you can ride shotty, put Baby Bear with Bugs, and put Brian with Larry since those 2 love each other so much.

Just watch out for the downhill corners under braking, My car likes to get extremely light in the rear on those. This slide is the only thing that is hard to recover from in the Celica, everything else is a piece of cake.

METDeath
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Just watch out for the downhill corners under braking, My car likes to get extremely light in the rear on those. This slide is the only thing that is hard to recover from in the Celica, everything else is a piece of cake.

I think he's talking about mine...

donteatbugs
04-08-2013, 08:12 PM
^ 7thgen>5thgen.

andy
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Im not driving for 8 hours to ride shotgun. But we can take turns on that slut.

METDeath
04-08-2013, 11:18 PM
^ 7thgen>5thgen.

I'm aware, I haven't done any suspension work yet... and probably won't go as crazy as you did. I did get my 17s put on with the Z1s though. Going to try to put the sway bar on sooner rather than later.

Hipster Lawrence
04-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Wow I haven't posted here yet. I'll be on the train and I do have an empty seat. Although I was planning on meeting you guys somewhere and not driving all the way to snellville just to pick someone up...but I will if that's what I need to do....depending on what route we take the place where Marshall and I will meet the rest of the group would be before any mountian roads, so maybe whoever is riding with me could ride in the backseat of bugs' VIP up to that point?

Anyway the passenger seat in the mr2 is open for whoever wants it.

And Marshall, I'm 100% sure I'm going at this point. Disregard our earlier conversation.

EDIT:I have pretty much decided to leave the mr2 at home this year and drive my accord coupe. I just don't think it's worth risking grenading my tranny. the 3rd gear synchro is not working AT ALL now

Luni
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Larry, for a guy who likes to drive, you really seem to go out of your way to NOT drive.

If Im rollin with you, or any of us are, you will most likely need to come to Snellville since none of us are mobile.

Hipster Lawrence
04-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I go out of my way to NOT drive in the metro. It sucks balls. And why can't you ride in the back of an ls400 for 30 miles?

Also I can't seem to make a decision on what car to take. I have 2 spare transmissions in my shed for parts, the damage is already done and I'll probably need the shift hub anyway so might as well drive it according to my boss. Damnit I can't make a decision to save my life.

METDeath
04-09-2013, 08:12 PM
I go out of my way to NOT drive in the metro. It sucks balls. And why can't you ride in the back of an ls400 for 30 miles?

Also I can't seem to make a decision on what car to take. I have 2 spare transmissions in my shed for parts, the damage is already done and I'll probably need the shift hub anyway so might as well drive it according to my boss. Damnit I can't make a decision to save my life.

At the time we'd be driving, it's not terrible... however, since there aren't any twisties on the way to either the gas station on 85 or the bar-b-q place up 400, riding in the back seat shouldn't induce vomiting, just bitchitis.

Hipster Lawrence
04-09-2013, 08:58 PM
what time you think we would leave? I was figuring them leaving snellville at 9ish. that would put me leaving Cobb at 8. It's almost an hour away with NO traffic, Most of the traffic will be flowing in the other direction but it'll be pretty heavy until after 85.

Either way it just seems silly to drive an extra 60 miles just so someone doesn't have to ride in a giant ass back seat...

METDeath
04-09-2013, 10:54 PM
what time you think we would leave? I was figuring them leaving snellville at 9ish. that would put me leaving Cobb at 8. It's almost an hour away with NO traffic, Most of the traffic will be flowing in the other direction but it'll be pretty heavy until after 85.

Either way it just seems silly to drive an extra 60 miles just so someone doesn't have to ride in a giant ass back seat...

I agree, I think typically the time is around 10 AM... so it's leaving our area at 9ish.

donteatbugs
04-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I probably wont have the LS400 unless the MR2 cant make it.

andy
04-10-2013, 04:58 PM
bout to say. Id let you have your blue car back before I made the best driver there take his cushy ride.

donteatbugs
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I would run the RPF1 on the LS400 if I took it.

Luni
04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
All I have to say is I would drive an hour just to drive another hour to see any of you fucks if you were in MY town.

I guess living where I live and driving something to the tune of 80 miles a day or more through times where traffic sucks too just has me desensitized to driving.

METDeath
04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
All I have to say is I would drive an hour just to drive another hour to see any of you fucks if you were in MY town.

I guess living where I live and driving something to the tune of 80 miles a day or more through times where traffic sucks too just has me desensitized to driving.

Hey, fuck you, I did drive about an hour to see you last time I was in SLC... granted, you drove out to me as well.

Luni
04-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I wasnt calling you out Marshall. Im calling Larry out since for a car guy he wants to NOT drive more than anyone else on this damn site. :p

Hipster Lawrence
04-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Well ok then jerkface I'll pick your ass up in snellville. But I'm bringing my travel mug and I better get some of this famous coffee you keep telling me about.

And I'm not driving just to "see" you. I'd come see you at home if I was as close as Denver on vacation or whatever. But I'm just coming to pick you up.

Hipster Lawrence
04-11-2013, 12:58 AM
traffic sucks

I don't think you know what that word means.

Never been to slc but I've driven Denver, DC, Chicago and Boston and nothing compares to tha Atl.

METDeath
04-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Cali is the only place with worse traffic... drove 10 miles on surface roads... took an hour.

All to meet some fucking hipster.

Murgatroy
04-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Fucking hipsters.

donteatbugs
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Well ok then jerkface I'll pick your ass up in snellville. But I'm bringing my travel mug and I better get some of this famous coffee you keep telling me about.

And I'm not driving just to "see" you. I'd come see you at home if I was as close as Denver on vacation or whatever. But I'm just coming to pick you up.

I drive farther for hookers and blow

Luni
04-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Larry,

Every place has shitty traffic. Ive sat for hours to get 10 miles here in SLC. Live somewhere long enough and youre going to encounter shitty traffic no matter what. And honestly, having driven in Chicago, Atlanta (yes through traffic, I had to work downtown one day).

Anyway, worst place I ever drove trafficwise was Seattle. Easily Seattle.

andy
04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
This time next thursday Ill be in a blue celica headed to the captns. sweet action.

vip09
04-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Looks like I won't be attending this year. Car isn't finished and I have too much stuff to work on for school anyway. Maybe next time. :(

donteatbugs
04-19-2013, 10:28 AM
its ok burnyD, we understand

The Captain
04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
its ok burnyD, we understand
burnyD III....

Luni
04-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Burnita's Apprentice...

Hookecho
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
14.7oz BurnyD-Bone

BabyBear
04-19-2013, 09:41 PM
BurnyD-3PO? Do we need to make this your new avatar?

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/8/8/burnyd3po.jpg

andy
04-19-2013, 10:09 PM
make it happen

METDeath
04-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Now now... we have to wait until he actually doesn't make it to the Dragon.

The Captain
04-19-2013, 11:46 PM
We can always rescind...

METDeath
04-20-2013, 12:15 AM
My option is lazier...

Luni
04-20-2013, 05:51 AM
He never actually said hed be there though.

He just had HOPED to be there.

At least he has shown up more than once.

Azzazzyn
04-21-2013, 03:39 AM
bro is trying to back out of the trip too

bloodMoney
04-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Fuck that.

Bro, you're coming. End of line.

Luni
04-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Why doesnt bro want to come?

Murgatroy
04-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Matt assraped him last time without reciprocation.

METDeath
04-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Matt assraped him last time without reciprocation.

It's ass rape, if you want reciprocation you take it. Also, legally, it's just sodomy, not rape... at least in GA. Rape is apparently defined as man raping woman, that's the only option.

Azzazzyn
04-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Why doesnt bro want to come?

not sure. Telling him he must attend, but he's resisting

Luni
04-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Come on bro. You gotta come. Why wouldnt you wanna come?

On the same note, if you dont wanna come, we dont want you there so fuck off!

Murgatroy
04-23-2013, 07:43 PM
What time y'all gonna be rolling through where on Friday?

Looks like (mf) and the Seth and Crisco train are gonna meet up in Tellico Plains Friday afternoon.