PDA

View Full Version : AutoGuard

MCcelica
04-02-2013, 06:46 AM
This app is SICK. I don't know if they call it the same thing in the apple store or whatever you iphone guys call it, but in the Play Store for Android, it's called Auto Guard. And man, it's awesome. It turns your phone into a GoPro basically. But it does so much more. Not only does it take AV recordings, but if you have your GPS on, it uses the GPS to track your speed and puts that on the video too (so you can prove you weren't speeding). It takes 10 minute clips, and if nothing happens, it deletes them. But if it detects that you were in a crash (using your accelerometer), it automatically saves that clip AND dials 911 for you. You can also manually save a clip in case something interesting happens (IE: Cop being a dick just to be one, or you witness a wreck that you weren't involved in, etc). On the paid edition you can also run it in the background where it records the audio and video without LOOKING like its recording (so you can have your maps up or something).

I use it with a car dock that I got for my phone. The dock has a hole for the camera so it can see through the dock. Best part of that dock is it makes it to where I can do all of that WHILE charging!

Anyone else ever use this? Thoughts?

Lonestag
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I have never heard of it but I'm very interested in it. I wonder if I could get it to work on my handheld comm device...

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I had never thought of this before, but what a great idea!

iCar Black Box is for iPhone

http://www.21pixel.com/icarblackbox/index.html

MCcelica
04-03-2013, 07:47 AM
It's pretty sweet. A classmate of mine showed it to me. Now, I'm hoping I don't have to post any videos from it. I just look at it as a good way to make sure my ass is covered. Ya know.

Siyx
04-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I've got a mounted GoPro in my car but it sounds like a nice backup in case i forget or run out of battery.
Thanks.