PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel hub

acidice333
03-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Will a hub from a 5th gen work on a 6th? no ABS.

Someone over on another forum said they did it years ago but I'd like another confirmation.

Also, what defines a bad hub? the race spins on it and slides along the hub a little?

Smaay
03-29-2013, 05:52 AM
no, they are totally different

acidice333
04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
well it worked :)

Now I'm waiting for a 4th gen one to see if that one will fit since there ain't no aftermarkets for 5th or 6th gens.

Sure part numbers are different but comparing my 3 5th gen hubs to a 6th gen hub, it looks the same.

Galcobar
04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
The fun part will come with the wheels and brakes. The section of the hub on which the brake rotor/drum and wheel sit are different between the fifth- and sixth-gen Celica. The fifth-gen Celica uses a 54 mm centrebore, while the sixth-gen uses a 55 mm centrebore. As long as you're putting sixth-gen brake/wheel hardware onto a fifth-gen hub it will fit, but you do lose some hub-centric mounting security.

acidice333
04-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the tip I didn't even consider the center bore.
I put the 5th gen hub onto the 6th gen knuckle and the wheel is bolted on for now and it seems fine but haven't driven it yet because there ain't no engine yet but its going back in hopefully tonight since I had to move it out of the garage to clean the engine bay.