PDA

View Full Version : spotted: celica.net sticker on a car in a wrecker!

SlikSx
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I was at toyospares the other day, they'd just recieved a 5th gen with a Gen I 3S-GTE conversion done to it - It had a celica.net sticker on the windscreen!! Anyone know who's car this was? Had a GT-4 bonnet on it... besides the motor it looked pretty stock. Its in a pretty sad state atm... apparently the owner just wanted it gone, sold it to the wreckers for $3000!

ronin
05-09-2005, 12:58 PM
do you want to get some details of the car.. i have been around since we started getting the stickers in so if its a proper sticker likelyhood is ill know the car.

i pic of the car would make it even easier.

was it a white one by any chance? auto?

tooch
05-10-2005, 12:22 AM
I was at toyospares last week, fuck they have some nice stuff there! They got that silver ST205 for sale, looks immac, he wants like $20k or something for it, then there's that old T18 (i think?) with the 3SGTE conversion, and they had an ae92 SX with a 4AGZE in it, looks like they were doing the conversion for someone.

Always something to impress me there

SlikSx
05-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah ronin - it was white and auto I think. Looking very unloved :(

Tooch, yeah there's always something crazy going on there - did u see the cressida with the turbo V8? Madness! Top blokes too, Matt offered to come round to my place to help fix a problem I was having mounting up my new motor - definetly above and beyond the standard of most wreckers!

ronin
05-10-2005, 08:45 AM
could be toiletducks.. used to be loved, he used to run around with 18's on it hahaha

Aust162
05-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah its Toiletducks. i was speaking to Matt about it a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to sell it.

The owner said he couldn't get it engineered because it was an older (gen1) motor in it. but thats not entirely true, there are ways around it.I think thats why he sold it so cheap

Beej
05-11-2005, 01:29 PM
ahh i remember that car on teh bling bling 18's.......i also remembering plouhging into a trolley knowing it was there, wedging it between the car and the curb of the car park, with no concern whatsoever

hillarious

Keyroo
05-13-2005, 06:18 AM
yeah thats ducks, matty from toyospares bought it off him,, i think the main reason matt bought it back is coz he knows the swap he did on that car was illegal, ur not allowed to put an engine in a car tahts older than teh car, therefore that car isnt' roadworthy,,,

was a pretty sorry state that car tho, slush box, 1st gen 3s-gte in a 5th gen, was all over the place, thing duck did hte right thing parting with it

ronin
05-13-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah he did. he;s much better off in a big ass 4WD ute r something now AFAIK.

wish he wold show his head in here sometime.. he's a good bloke. someone let him know about the cruise would they and invite him.

beej.. when did he run into the shopping trolley? i cant remember seeing that

SlikSx
05-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, i asked whether it was legal to put an older engine into a newer car and he just shrugged his shoulders :-/ Ah well... The car has been parted out now anyway, it will live on through its parts in the bodies of others.

chaRwie
05-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Where is toyospares?
sounds interesting might want to go and poke my head around heheh

i have a feeling its on the west side of melboure tho...

ronin
05-15-2005, 10:18 AM
nah toyo is near roo somewhere i think

if anyone goes and has a look.. see what they want for all of jimmys internal plastics.. ie the AC vents, the stereo surround and the cup holder!

SlikSx
05-15-2005, 01:01 PM
They're in Bayswater near the rollerskating rink - we drove past it on the Marysville cruise! I'll ask for ya on saturday, practically been living there since i started my engine swap.

Keyroo
05-17-2005, 10:19 PM
tell u what, i was there yesterday, matty has a very nice engien istting there, a proper group A 205 engine with the antilag and everything sitting there , got the works,,

i had a woody the whole tiem i was near it :P

Classique71
05-18-2005, 09:01 AM
imm off there on friday to get my rear brakes :)

got to see this motor - and see if it has more than just the group A ecu :)

there is an updated W to A core that the group A 205's came with as well , but im pretty positive they wouldnt seperate

SlikSx
05-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I tried to get him to swap the Grp A motor for my Gen III... wasn't interesed tho, wonder why??? :(

Keyroo
05-20-2005, 05:32 AM
thing that really grabbed my attention,,,, antilag,,,, i have a hard on,,

Classique71
05-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Dropped in today and got my rear brakes ..

Ducks car is still intact but not for much longer - the GTE is being removed + a 3sfe put back in its place - taking her back to stock again ..

they have some good toys there - 2 sprinters were there - one was getting prepped for a lexus 4lt v8 swap - another had come in and the owner was looking at getting a 20valve done

Saw matty's super clean St205 - very nice !

Another one of the mechanics ( o forget his name ) had the ultimate sleeper there - a te72 GT corolla - with a gen2 3sgte swap - absolutely INSANE!!

Would be buckets of fun to drive :)

Keyroo
05-22-2005, 12:46 AM
yeha i saw that man, how cool does hat little front mount look stuck in the grill hahah

Classique71
05-22-2005, 02:04 AM
it looks cool :) and itts gunna be for sale soon i believe