PDA

View Full Version : 10 speaker system

Huaraches
03-02-2013, 01:21 AM
ok so i found a gt-s with a 10 speaker system.

My GT is manual powered windows so how would that work for my car because i would have to get the whole door panel with electrical stuff. is there a harness under the dash board ?

also will it work since my windows will be converted into power windows.

and the door whould have like mounting points for the screws?

bad side to it is the interior of that gt-s is blue and mine black i suppose its not that bad at least it isnt burgundy.

i did take the rear tweats dough haha those are hard to find these days hopefully that GT-S still has the panels and speakers and window motor by tommorow thats if it is compatible ill get it for sure

93celicaconv
03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't think I've ever seen an OEM Celica GT (5th Gen) that did not have power windows. Yours does not? Do you have power mirrors?

So what are you asking? I don't understand what you want to know. If the question is - will the System 10 from the GT-S go into your GT, sure, with some additional work. You will need all the audio system wiring from the GT-S, the amplifier, speakers, door pannls, etc. If it has the power antenna, that would be good for your GT as well. Just need to get all the stuff, then install it in yours.

METDeath
03-03-2013, 04:24 PM
You have two options:

1) Convert to power windows (plugs should be there, just need to find them and install relays).

2) Take the System 10 door cards, cut your manual door cards to accept the speakers.

You achieve the second option by removing your door cards, screwing the back fo the left stock one to the right System 10 one and tracing what needs to be cut. Cut off less material than you should and trim it to fit.

fussellbug
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I'd love to get the blue rear tweeter covers from you. I've been searching for a while now. I have a set of grey ones I could trade.

Huaraches
03-05-2013, 12:33 AM
I'd love to get the blue rear tweeter covers from you. I've been searching for a while now. I have a set of grey ones I could trade.
where do you live i wouldnt mind trading thats if your covers are not beat up cuz these caps are 20-23 years old lol

Huaraches
03-05-2013, 12:56 AM
ok ill try to make it a lil more clear.

car has manual powered windows

i want to install the speaker on the door so heres a few things that concern me.

1. Do the doors on my 90 GT have the holes so i can mount the speaker with the hardware ? if so according to 93celicaconv. i will need all the audio system wiring from the GT-S the amplifier, speakers, door pannls, etc...
- were is the amp located on the car?
-those that wire harness just plug and play? if so it shouldnt be hard to remove from the GT-S
2. since ill need the door panels i also need more hardware too. so whats exactly needed to make that conversion.
- i imagine its lots of work witch i dont know the process for installing it. therefore im stuck there and probably a few hundred of the junkyard
-relays idk were they go as well
- the harness for the electrical part of the door is by the ECU right. seems to be wrapped up inside my car
3. if i were to just cut of the the door panel to make it fit would the speaker be in the way of my handle to open my window? ( if question # 1 is a yes)

The car those have power side mirrors, and retractable antena. car was a really basic model can with no rims just some shitty hub caps, no fog lights (i installed those after i got my hands on a OEM pair then i made my own), surprisingly it came with the front tweeters. no spoiler ( i have the OEM lip spoiler and soon will go on ), no mudflaps ( acquired those a few months later) and thats it no luxury came in this car

93celicaconv
03-05-2013, 01:51 AM
ok ill try to make it a lil more clear.

car has manual powered windows I'll assume you have cranks then than you have to turn to move the window up & down, right? If so, you will need more than wiring. Your manual windows do not have an electric motor regulator - so you will need the power window regulators from a donor car, plus the wiring & switches. You didn't respond if you have power mirrors or not. If you don't, then it seems like your doors were from at ST model - probably not original to your GT. If this is the case, you should have the original wiring for power windows & mirrors somewhere outside of the door. If you want power mirrors, you will need power mirrors from a donor car as well. Your doors will need the "accordian boots" to pass the wiring harness through from the door into the cabin.

i want to install the speaker on the door so heres a few things that concern me.

1. Do the doors on my 90 GT have the holes so i can mount the speaker with the hardware ? Yes, all Celica door frames were identical - and the door frames have the cutouts present for the original System 10 door woofers. if so according to 93celicaconv. i will need all the audio system wiring from the GT-S the amplifier, speakers, door pannls, etc...
- were is the amp located on the car? On a donor vehicle w/System 10, the amp is located under the passenger seat. So the wiring harness from the front deck would go to the amplifier, and then back again to all the speakers in the system. You would need this wiring harness from the donor vehicle in addition to the amp.
-those that wire harness just plug and play? provided you get an OEM head unit compatible with the amplifier, yes, everything would be plug & play. if so it shouldnt be hard to remove from the GT-S
2. since ill need the door panels i also need more hardware too. so whats exactly needed to make that conversion. The donor vehicle will have everything you need, provided the System 10 system in intact and operational. Just take everything there is.
- i imagine its lots of work witch i dont know the process for installing it. therefore im stuck there and probably a few hundred of the junkyard
-relays idk were they go as well
- the harness for the electrical part of the door is by the ECU right. seems to be wrapped up inside my car
3. if i were to just cut of the the door panel to make it fit would the speaker be in the way of my handle to open my window? ( if question # 1 is a yes)The System 10 was never an option on a door panel with manual window operation. I am pretty sure the manual door regulator (where your handle comes through the door panel) is in the way.

The car those have power side mirrors, and retractable antena. car was a really basic model can with no rims just some shitty hub caps, no fog lights (i installed those after i got my hands on a OEM pair then i made my own), surprisingly it came with the front tweeters. no spoiler ( i have the OEM lip spoiler and soon will go on ), no mudflaps ( acquired those a few months later) and thats it no luxury came in this car

Huaraches
03-05-2013, 02:22 AM
Ok so for the window do i have to take it off in oder to instaló the motor with the regulator

Murgatroy
03-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Swap the doors. Swapping the guts is futile.

And as odd as it seems, the GT was available without power windows. AC was also an option, there are cars out there without AC.

93celicaconv
03-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Swap the doors. Swapping the guts is futile.

And as odd as it seems, the GT was available without power windows. AC was also an option, there are cars out there without AC.

Thanks for that input. I guess with all 5th Gens being imported, there likely were not many ordered to the end buyers specifications, so that is why so many GT models are equipped the same. I honestly had never seen one.

Doing a full door swap is the easiest, from all the work one would have to do to only salvage the original door skin. But, swapped doors would have to be painted to match body color. That white body looks pretty good, from the pictures, so there will be some cost for the refinish work & materials too.

Huaraches
03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
actually the that gt-s is white i would be in my favor but the issue is my car has a custom white paint job from previous owner so the OEM white is less clear the white on my car is a cleaner white . the car actually looks better now i tinted my taillights and corner lights went really well with the car although i havent uploaded pics onto my photobucket album lol

underscore
03-13-2013, 11:35 PM
It would be easiest to get both whole doors, strip them, and swap the guts over vs trying to take only what you need from the yard.