PDA

View Full Version : center piece

Huaraches
02-24-2013, 08:23 AM
how can i remove my center piece of my 1990 GT liftback / hatchback. i want to be able to tint it right but it drips so i wana remove the tint and redo it but i cant take the center piece off lol. if someone had a visual description that will be very much appreciated. THanks

Doowstados
02-24-2013, 08:36 AM
how can i remove my center piece of my 1990 GT liftback / hatchback. i want to be able to tint it right but it drips so i wana remove the tint and redo it but i cant take the center piece off lol. if someone had a visual description that will be very much appreciated. THanks

Center piece? I'm not sure what you mean. Can you take a picture of what you're talking about?

acidice333
02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I think he means the license plate piece between the brake lights..

Huaraches
02-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes that piece the one that says Celica and holds the license plate .

Galcobar
02-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Been a few years since I pulled that part, but if I recall correctly the bolts are accessible from inside the trunk -- you have to pull the plastic interior panels.

Shadowlife25
02-26-2013, 01:44 AM
Been a few years since I pulled that part, but if I recall correctly the bolts are accessible from inside the trunk -- you have to pull the plastic interior panels.

Correct. You must first remove the trunk liner pieces which should grant access to the retaining bolts. Then there should just be a couple clips on the outside that pop out with gentle pressure.

Huaraches
02-26-2013, 06:09 AM
wait so you dont take out the whole thing just the piece that says Celica? cuz it looks like it pops out but it seems fragile like if it would brake :/

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-26-2013, 06:19 AM
The lights come out separately, and you start with the orange turn signal corners. They pop out and there is a hidden screw under there. When you open the trunk you can see the hidden screw plugs (squares). Remove the screws and the lights come out. Then you can see all the mounts for the center bracket I believe. I don't remember any stud/nuts under inside the trunk panel, but I could be wrong. Pops out after all the anchors are off.

Huaraches
02-26-2013, 07:30 AM
The lights come out separately, and you start with the orange turn signal corners. They pop out and there is a hidden screw under there. When you open the trunk you can see the hidden screw plugs (squares). Remove the screws and the lights come out. Then you can see all the mounts for the center bracket I believe. I don't remember any stud/nuts under inside the trunk panel, but I could be wrong. Pops out after all the anchors are off.
well yeah i did that and took off the license plate and also the taillights cover two more screw on the side of the center piece plus i also took off the license plate light and i pull but it seems that something is wtill holding it in place and i cant take of the whole center piece/frame

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Take off the inside trunk cover and check there.

Huaraches
02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I did that too but I didn't see any just the ones that hold the door lock I took those of and still didn't make a difference because it didn't screw on to the body