PDA

View Full Version : Time for a New fuel Pump?

DanteDemont
02-19-2013, 01:45 AM
Okay, so my Battery, Starter, And Alternator are all new.
Everytime i try to turn the key over, its like theirs no fuel getting to it.
Its on a quarter tank an has been sitting about a month.
I was out all day trying to get it to start, However when i turn the key on to cycle it every 10 seconds, i dont even hear the fuel pump making noise.

Anyone have any suggestions?
ive been looking up fuel pumps, but im not even sure where mine is or if its a eletrical or mechanical...

grimmythereaper
02-19-2013, 02:59 AM
sounds like its time, but did u check ur fuses and relays? BTW its under the back seat :)

4thgenceli
02-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Stock fuel pump is quiet. The only reason I heard my Walbro 255LPH supra TT pump is because I had the rear seat off and the panels open.

Check for power at the pump when cranking first to rule out electrical problems.

KoreanJoey
02-19-2013, 03:57 AM
Stock fuel pump is quiet. The only reason I heard my Walbro 255LPH supra TT pump is because I had the rear seat off and the panels open.

Check for power at the pump when cranking first to rule out electrical problems.

This

Also you can check for fuel pressure at the fuel filter. If you've got pressure, chances are the pump is fine.

93celicaconv
02-19-2013, 04:11 AM
However when i turn the key on to cycle it every 10 seconds, i dont even hear the fuel pump making noise.

For reference, the fuel pump only turns on when the ignition key is turned to the START position (you are cranking the motor over) or after the ECU has determined the engine has started and closes the fuel pump circuit. The fuel pump will not run when the ignition key is turned to the ON position.

Hookecho
02-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Spray some starting fluid in the intake manifold. If the motor cranks and runs for a few seconds then the problem is fuel.

DanteDemont
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm gonna check the fuses first then see if theirs pressure maybe the fuel filter is clogged, after that ill try the starting fluid.
Worse cAse scenario I have to get a new fuel pump.
When I was reading the thread on the 3 SGTE swap everyone kept talking about a 255lphs fuel pump an a bigger fuel tank for it.
Since in the future I'm doing this upgrade would it hurt to put it on now?
An if not then does anyone have a link for where I can get one compatible with my car? (90)