PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Meet

GT-Steezy
01-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Anybody having one? If not, let's organize one. Anyone?

Lonestag
01-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Where are you in Ohio?

Chris and Stacey (Bloodmony and AlltracNyx) have organzied meets in the past, think they are just waiting for winter to pass.

I thnk they are closer to the Chicago area though.

Tom, Celica9303 has also done a meet up north.

That said, I would be down for a southern-Mid Ohio meet sometime.

I'm in Columbus and i would love to drag a couple of our members to an Autocross event out here sometime (Only curves your going to find around here).

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Drag me too. I'm in the Buckeye state for what looks long term.

bloodMoney
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
We will start our Midwest meets back up in probably May. Typically we do 3 each year at starved rock state park in Ottowa,IL.

buffalohunter7321
01-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Make sure someone lets me know.

Lonestag
01-28-2013, 03:30 AM
Lol, just for context, this was the OP's first post.

Hope they see all the responses!

bloodMoney
01-28-2013, 03:38 AM
lol

When Richee3 and I set a date, I'll post it up here.

GT-Steezy
01-28-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm in Newark. About a half hour east of columbus. We have people that meet up around here, but it's what I refer to as the Honda kids. Just a bunch of kids making trouble in store parking lots. I'd rather meet up with people that have great taste in cars. Lol. And thanks for the response. I post on another celica forum and feel like I get next to zero feedback

GT-Steezy
01-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Drag me too. I'm in the Buckeye state for what looks long term.

Where at in the good state of buckeyes are you?

GT-Steezy
01-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Where are you in Ohio?

Chris and Stacey (Bloodmony and AlltracNyx) have organzied meets in the past, think they are just waiting for winter to pass.

I thnk they are closer to the Chicago area though.

Tom, Celica9303 has also done a meet up north.

That said, I would be down for a southern-Mid Ohio meet sometime.

I'm in Columbus and i would love to drag a couple of our members to an Autocross event out here sometime (Only curves your going to find around here).

Curves is a thing southeast Ohio is blessed with. I've never heard of any auto cross around here. Where does that happen?

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-28-2013, 04:44 AM
Where at in the good state of buckeyes are you?

Akron for now, Columbus soon, Cincinnati for later.

Lonestag
01-28-2013, 05:01 AM
Curves is a thing southeast Ohio is blessed with. I've never heard of any auto cross around here. Where does that happen?

Southeast? Then you arn't too far from West-By-God Virginia, where I was born and raised.

Yeah, there are for-sure some turns down that way.

Autocross up here is held at national trails raceway and at the OSU parking lot. Come up somtime, it is all kinds of fun for like $40 or so.

GT-Steezy
01-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Right on. Just be sure to make a big deal about it. I don't wanna miss out. I'm actually just a straight shot down I-70. West Virginia is still like two hours away. I've just managed to cover many miles inside Ohio.

Lonestag
01-28-2013, 05:56 AM
Ok, so I70 is East-West right? So where the heck are you?

I mean, WV is hardly two hours from me in Columbus so now i'm kinda curious where you are.

CriScO
01-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Lol, I'm right off I-70. :)

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Lol, I'm right off I-70. :)

What truck-stop is it now?

CriScO
01-28-2013, 06:06 AM
What truck-stop is it now?
BJ X-Press.

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-28-2013, 06:48 AM
BJ X-Press.

That place has both the best chili, and the best massages.

MCcelica
01-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Akron for now, Columbus soon, Cincinnati for later.

My fam lived in Akron OH for about 2 years. That was back before I could remember much. From what I can piece together, we lived in some shitty ass apartments there. That was back in the 80's, so I have no idea if they're still there or not. It was a low income type place with lots of people who didn't speak English.

And funny story about Chris. He really is less than 2 minutes from I-70. It is most definitely East-West.

GT-Steezy
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Ok, so I70 is East-West right? So where the heck are you?

I mean, WV is hardly two hours from me in Columbus so now i'm kinda curious where you are.

East down I-70. About 30 min or so. It's still considered central Ohio. It's called Newark.

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
East down I-70. About 30 min or so. It's still considered central Ohio. It's called Newark.

My dad is from there. Know any Wigles?

Lonestag
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Oh sure, i'm on the East side of Columbus and I have several customers out in Newark, so I where it is basicly.

We should meet for a wednesday night drag race at national trails (which is also where they do autocross, http://www.ovr-scca.org/_autocross/schedules if you are interested.).

GT-Steezy
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
My dad is from there. Know any Wigles?

Can't say that I do. It may be a small town in comparison to columbus, but it's still pretty big. It seems like we have a decent amount of buckeyes on here

GT-Steezy
01-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Oh sure, i'm on the East side of Columbus and I have several customers out in Newark, so I where it is basicly.

We should meet for a wednesday night drag race at national trails (which is also where they do autocross, http://www.ovr-scca.org/_autocross/schedules if you are interested.).

That's funny. The guy who owned the car before me went to SCCA events. I dont know if he ever ran my celica, but it has a SCCA sticker on the rear hatch glass.

Lonestag
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Is it a silver GTS 7th gen?

Thats the only Celica I've seen at the local autocross as of late.

GT-Steezy
01-31-2013, 06:17 AM
No. Black 5th gen. It might have been a while ago. It sat for almost a year before that. I'm not sure what he took up there. Maybe a Volkswagen rabbit. Oh and I received great news today. Im gonna drive up to queens new York and pick up my 3sgte. Got some extra goodies on top.