PDA

View Full Version : Need some troubleshooting ideas for my Mazda

4thgenceli
12-29-2012, 01:41 AM
She's being a bit temperamental right now. In the mornings as of late she hasn't been starting. It'll crank for 5 or so seconds with nothing. Second attempt it starts right up and drives as 'normal' (well, normal for her lolz).

Anyway it was only happening in the morning. Today though she got to the parlor, picked up pizza and came out it wouldn't start. She said she tried a few times and it didn't work. I drive down there. Jump in the driver's seat and it fires right up. No problem :facepalm:

I'm kinda lost as to where to start troubleshooting this. When it starts its fine. I'm thinking something to do with spark plugs and/or wires (they were replaced when I did the water pump, so something around March of this year).

4thgenceli
12-29-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm kind of leaning towards ignition.

Namely plugs, wires and/or ignitor. I need to test the ignitor this weekend.

MCcelica
12-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Test whatever you want to test, but my money is on a battery. Just sayin'.

4thgenceli
01-16-2013, 02:31 AM
So interesting last few weeks.

It hasn't happened for a while :knocks on wood:. Battery tested just fine (both CCA and under load). Still lost on what the problem is, but I'm blaming it on the absurdly unusual cold weather lately.

joe's gt
01-16-2013, 04:08 AM
Could be a loose connection or contact somewhere. The fact that it is cranking fine, and not only happening when it is cold, suggests something isn't contacting correctly. From what you are describing the occurrence is very random with no set symptoms which to me suggests a failing contact or failing part.