PDA

View Full Version : eibach pro-kit springs

sbeec
12-25-2012, 05:18 PM
So I have a 93 GT and it's time for new suspension. the Eibach site doesn't show that it makes the 1.0 inch pro-kit drop......only the 1.5 inch sport-line. I only want 1 inch as it's a daily driver.

Does anybody know if they make the pro=kit for the 93 celica? If not, is there a comparable brand/mfg of springs? I don't want to go to coil-overs.
I plan to install new KYB GR2's all around also.

thanks and merry xmas- Rich

jdm_celica_gts
12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I dd a 92 gts with a 1.5" drop and its not that bad, I can measure ground clearance if you would like.

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I have the pro-kit. It gets softer with time. It was discontinued and their customer service department is awful. I recommend looking into H&R that Joey plugs all the time.

Grot
12-26-2012, 03:34 AM
I love my sportlines on my mustang. was a ~2 drop. they are a little soft for me tho.

i know apples to oranges.

METDeath
12-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Also, don't consider the 6th gen TRD springs if you only want 1" drop. They are 1.5" the springs themselves are physically shorter than the Eibach Sportlines, but stiffer. Ride height is the about the same between the two.

sbeec
12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I dd a 92 gts with a 1.5" drop and its not that bad, I can measure ground clearance if you would like.

Thanks for the info on this topic. I'd like to compare ground clearance measurements if you don't mind.

And I've never heard of H&R......how are the reviews on those?

METDeath
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info on this topic. I'd like to compare ground clearance measurements if you don't mind.

One of the two serious auto cross guys that's active on this board says they're awesome.

Grot
12-28-2012, 10:45 PM

H&R is a big company for Domestics. they make great products. They are about the most common company among the Mustang guys.
They aren't as cheap as the Eibachs iirc.

METDeath
12-29-2012, 05:44 AM
H&R is a big company for Domestics. they make great products. They are about the most common company among the Mustang guys.

Eibachs are cheap for a reason...

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Eibachs are cheap for a reason...

So I've learned.

KoreanJoey
01-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Uh... not really... The springs are made in Germany and the company is semi local to me. :)

KoreanJoey
01-03-2013, 07:26 AM
But yes, you really cannot go wrong with the H&R stuff.

I recently installed a set onto an FR-S and they're pretty awesome for a daily driver.