PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Dragon Run Lodging Information

4thgenceli
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Same as the 2012 Dragon, this year lodging arrangements have been made at the Fontana Resort.

Click for resort information (http://www.fontanavillage.com/).

We are getting a room rate discount. To book accommodations, call Fontana at 1-800-849-2258 and select Option #1. In order to obtain the group rate please inform you are with the Celicatech group.

The prices are as follows (per night):

Lodge Room with two queen beds $109.00
1 Bedroom Willow Cabin $109.00
2BR/1BA Laurel Cabin $129.00
3BR/ 2 bath Azalea Cabin $215.00
Campsites (tent) $25

The cutoff date to reserve your accommodations and get the group rate is February 26, 2013. At that time rates will return to the standard seasonal pricing.

Lodge Room with two queen beds $129.00
1 Bedroom Willow Cabin $129.00
2BR/1BA Laurel Cabin $159.00
3BR/ 2 bath Azalea Cabin $269.00
Campsites (tent) $25

Please book early as there are other groups slated to be there the same weekend as us.

Murgatroy
12-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Bastards went up. A campsite was $20 a nite last year.

4thgenceli
12-12-2012, 09:57 PM

I copy/pasted from last year..prices were the same.

MCcelica
12-12-2012, 11:44 PM
E-tool, poncho liner, backpack pillow... I'm set. Baby wipes for the AM to get so fresh n so clean. Be ready to roll before all of you.

Hookecho
12-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Baby wipes? You're spoiling yourself nowadays.

alltracNyx
12-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Booked!

MCcelica
12-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Baby wipes? You're spoiling yourself nowadays.

If it was just a bunch of Marines going, I'd save the space to carry extra ammo. But since I have a bunch of you pansy ass civilians around, I figure I might as well smell a little better...

Murgatroy
12-13-2012, 12:41 PM
You just don't want to be left out of all the manlove.

MCcelica
12-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Would they get mad if I killed my own food?

Grot
12-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Depends on your hunting methods and what your hunting...

...I hear there will be bears

Hookecho
12-14-2012, 12:46 AM

Dude, it's the south.

MCcelica
12-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Dude, it's the south.

Good point. I'll bring my sword.

Hookecho
12-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Yay, sword fight!

Hipster Lawrence
12-14-2012, 02:18 AM

Well $12.50 a night then? I seriously don't want to be the only one camping this year but I just can't justify paying for a cabin or room when camping is an option.

Murgatroy
12-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Well $12.50 a night then? I seriously don't want to be the only one camping this year but I just can't justify paying for a cabin or room when camping is an option.

I need to talk to the wife and see if she is going again this year. I wouldn't mind camping with her and the heathen, I just don't know how they would like it.

I will let you know.

Grot
12-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Jesse, I plan on camping too.
But camping may end me sleeping in the wagon. I dunno yet.

Murgatroy
12-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Wife says cabin.

bloodMoney
12-14-2012, 03:33 AM
W00T!!!!!

METDeath
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Fuck... now I guess I have to show up...

BillyM
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi CelicaTech folks, I'm BillyM from CelicaSupra.com
Fate (awesomeness) just so has it that we're going to be up there on the same weekend and our group is looking forward to seeing some sweet Celicas up there.

One downside though, you may have to repeat "CelicaTECH, not the other Celica group" when reserving your stay (I just had to do likewise, "no the other one, yes we're two groups")

MCcelica
01-14-2013, 07:17 AM
^Interesting. Thanks for the heads up, and hope to see y'all out there. I'll do my best not to drool on any Supras while I'm out there.

Murgatroy
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi CelicaTech folks, I'm BillyM from CelicaSupra.com
Fate (awesomeness) just so has it that we're going to be up there on the same weekend and our group is looking forward to seeing some sweet Celicas up there.

One downside though, you may have to repeat "CelicaTECH, not the other Celica group" when reserving your stay (I just had to do likewise, "no the other one, yes we're two groups")

I think that is really groovy. It will be nice to see some other folks there. Years ago we used to promote this and push it across a few dozen sites, but I guess in `09 or `10 we had somewhere around 100 cars, and folks were showing up that heard about it from a friend of a friend. We had too many competing attitudes and egos and nearly had a fight break out. After that year, we quit inviting other groups. I never meant for that to be an insult or anything, we have many members that cross post across nearly all the Celica boards, so word still gets out. We just preferred to go to a smaller meet with less chance of drama. We normally have twenty cars, give or take, after the scale back. It works out really well with a smaller group. We don't make money on this, and we just do this for a vacation and gathering of like minds.

I look forward to seeing you guys there, the Classic Celicas have always been underrepresented out there. We have had a couple of your members show up in the past, again, folks who crosspost. Dynamic73 stands out. Out of curiosity, what are the odds of someone bringing a 2nd Gen? That is THE ONLY hole we have after more than ten years of doing this. No one has ever brought a 2nd Gen.

BillyM
01-14-2013, 08:21 PM
I think that is really groovy. It will be nice to see some other folks there. Years ago we used to promote this and push it across a few dozen sites, but I guess in `09 or `10 we had somewhere around 100 cars, and folks were showing up that heard about it from a friend of a friend. We had too many competing attitudes and egos and nearly had a fight break out. After that year, we quit inviting other groups. I never meant for that to be an insult or anything, we have many members that cross post across nearly all the Celica boards, so word still gets out. We just preferred to go to a smaller meet with less chance of drama. We normally have twenty cars, give or take, after the scale back. It works out really well with a smaller group. We don't make money on this, and we just do this for a vacation and gathering of like minds.

I look forward to seeing you guys there, the Classic Celicas have always been underrepresented out there. We have had a couple of your members show up in the past, again, folks who crosspost. Dynamic73 stands out. Out of curiosity, what are the odds of someone bringing a 2nd Gen? That is THE ONLY hole we have after more than ten years of doing this. No one has ever brought a 2nd Gen.

I certainly understand the desire to keep the meets limited, and do likewise with my dragon meet (posted on CelicaSupra.com only).
We also keep it small (18 cars last year) and generally try to avoid other groups all together (namely the Mini Coopers, made that mistake once...)

As far as our members bringing a 2nd-gen Celica, I'd say it is pretty unlikely.
Of the people on the tenative list, only one has a 2nd-gen celica...
Sadly the mk1 supra/mk2 celica is a bit of a rare bird in these parts.

Either way though, looking forward to it and hope our groups will cross paths at some point throughout the weekend.