View Full Version : Let's play a new game: Identify the hose!

11-23-2012, 02:47 AM
See video:

It's the hose closest to the fuel filter and the inlet (or outlet) under the intake manifold on the throttle body side.

Is that where that hose goes? I don't want to accidentally connect a fuel line to a vacuum line or something. My label fell off of the hose.

Also, I need to verify that there is no fuel return line on our cars. I can't see any fuel lines coming off of the injector rail other than the one that connects to the fuel filter.

11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
There is a fuel return line. I can't really make out the hose you are pointing at. Is it the vacuum hose hooked up at the bottom of the purge canister?

11-23-2012, 03:10 AM
I have connected all of the charcoal canister hoses. It is the hose on the end of the series of metal lines connected to the firewall, nearest the fuel filter.

11-23-2012, 03:12 AM
I think I may have just answered my question;

Here is a picture of the fuel rail and what I believe is the outlet I am seeing under the throttle body:

Obviously this is the fuel return outlet, can someone confirm that the hose I am talking about is return hose?

11-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Ok, that's a fuel return line. A fuel hose connects it the fuel line on the firewall.