PDA

View Full Version : CV axle boots

4thgenceli
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Was toyota on crack when they designed the st165 axles?

Do y'all sell just the boots or is it the boot kits only? I have plenty of hardware already just can't find the right sized boots.

Aaron Willis
11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Was toyota on crack when they designed the st165 axles?I'm assuming not. They tend to be pretty good at what they are doing.

Do y'all sell just the boots or is it the boot kits only? I have plenty of hardware already...Boot kits only, but they are reasonably priced, so there is no point in trying to save your old clamps. The boot kit is 04438-20231 and it is still available. That includes both boots, grease, and all clamps etc for either the left front or right front axle. I'm assuming it's fronts you need since you did not mention rear.

...just can't find the right sized boots.Que? If you look in the right place, Toyota parts are easy to find. Now if you try to outsmart yourself and look elsewhere, then the results are predictable. You will not get the correct parts for your limited production, low volume, 25-year-old rally homologation special from most non-OEM suppliers.

As we are fond of saying around here, Toyota cars are made out of Toyota parts.