PDA

View Full Version : Location of fuel filter

Bigtaggg
10-15-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm getting ready to change the fuel filter today after work and haven't had the car very long so I'm not sure where the fuel filter is located. I looked last night but it was dark. I thougt I saw it the rough location of the driver's side underneath the air intake tube. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

4thgenceli
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
On the firewall, driver side. Follow the line from the fuel rail back and you'll find it. Get some crows feet or line wrenches. Save the bolts & your knuckles.

The thing you saw underneath the intake duct is the charcoal canister.

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
It's under the charcoal filter, just above your driverside CV. Use a good penetrating spray first to make sure the fittings are loosened before you try and remove the filter. Don't want to twist a 20 year old fuel line and pinch it.

bloodMoney
10-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I find that it's easier to get under the filter from the driver's side wheel well.

Usually work from top to bottom.

Bigtaggg
10-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks everyone for replying. I went and looked at break and it's easy to see. You're right about breaking 20 year old fuel lines. In fact, thats my biggest worry. The car sat for a long while and I've already encountered the fragile state of things under the hood. The air duct split wide open with hardly any movement and the spark plug wires damn near fell apart when I changed the plugs. Everything is dry and brittle it seems as far as rubber and plastic is concerned.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Get some good silicone spray to revitalize dried out components.