PDA

View Full Version : Space on end of my posts.

Lonestag
09-29-2012, 02:01 AM
I feel bad that there is always dead space on the end of my posts. Anything I can do about it? Is it somthing that my sig is causing?

I use IE 9 but it seems to happen even when i'm using other browsers. (I could be wrong).

Also, when I post a new thread (not just a quick reply) I have to switch off the blue trance color scheme or the page is blank.

Ideas? It used to work before the upgrade. It's not a big deal, but I figure both symptoms probably come from the same root.

Murgatroy
09-29-2012, 02:06 AM
The space is because of your signature and your user panel to the left. Nothing can be done about it.

As for your other issue you could try using a real browser like Chrome or FF and see if it improves everything in your life.

But you might be too far gone for that, you were born in West By Gawd Virginia...

Hookecho
09-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Sad story bro

Lonestag
09-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Ok yeah, i'm in chrome for this post and the blank page must just be an IE issue.

I've been with IE since windows 95. I have downloaded most of the other browsers out there for test drives, but IE has given me so few issues I have stuck with it.

Chrome is my second choice, Firefox has never done anything besides piss me off, I must be the only one though.

Grot
09-30-2012, 06:44 AM
i dont care for FF. i use Opera.

Lonestag
10-01-2012, 01:39 AM
I never liked opera either.

Well, let me clarify. I don't think any of the above browsers are junk, just my prefence.

Chrome is the first new browser that might usurp IE in my eyes.

Siyx
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I use IE, Chrome and Safari. My preference is still IE first and Dolphin on my tablets, I only use Safari for apptrckr.org (iPxx hacked apps). Chrome for any other site that tells me to use something different and for my Google Play account and getapk.co (hacked Android apps)

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Go with a slimmer signature.

Lonestag
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
To Clarify, this is the space i'm referring to.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/6/0/3/9/untitled.jpg

ChrisD
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
It's really the avatar that increases the blank space. So a smaller one there would help. But I don't think it's really a problem for anyone.

Murgatroy
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I know what space you are referring to.

You signature will not begin until it has reached the end of your user panel.

So it has to show User Name, Avatar, Member Status, Join Date, Location, Post count, Images, Feedback, Blogs, etc...

Then it starts your signature. That means that eve if you make a one line post, you still have to make it through all the other information before it starts, making every post a minimum size regardless of post length.