PDA

View Full Version : Camber plate opinions

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I finally go the front KONI's struts that I ordered in June. I just about ready now to install all four new struts but I need to replace the strut mounts when I do this but I'm finding that the stock rubber replacements are a little more pricey than what I thought. I'm looking at a couple hundred bucks to do all four.

So my question is what about going with camber plates instead? I know that Cusco and some of the others make them for the Celica but they can be hard to find and pricey as well. I've been looking at the some of the univeral kits where you drill the mounting holes. Anyone used these? The ones I've looked at online look to be made fairly well.

As so, will any of the ones for a AE86 or AE92 work on the Celica or could they be modified without messing them up? I haven't had any experience with camber plates but if I can get them for about the same price as the rubber mounts I think I'll go that route.

Give me your experience and opinions.

4thgenceli
09-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I have the ones that came with the megans. Not sure if they are available separately. I like them a lot. Easy to adjust and hasn't slipped yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Do you get any noise that you didn't have with the stock rubber mounts?

4thgenceli
09-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Nothing that I can hear over the spooling turbo or 3" exhaust....lol.

I do have a suspension clunk coming from the passenger front when turning right from a stop. Not sure what it is yet either. Its a suspension clunk though.

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Got the suspension clunk in my HHR. It appears to be the sway bar links in that case.

4thgenceli
09-03-2012, 02:45 AM
It could be that in my case too.