PDA

View Full Version : New Member

jerrymayer
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi all Celica fans! My first new car was a 1973 Celica ST, $2980.00 out the door. I saved half the money and made $79.00 monthly payments (dad cosigned as I was in high school), now I own a 1992 Celica gt, big switch from the old rear wheel drive to the front wheel drive. I am having trouble with motor vibration and now have all 4 new motor mounts, replaced the easy ones front and rear, need help with the right and left, anybody have photo of the location or tips for the left and right, Thanks, Jerry

grimmythereaper
08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
first of all welcome. sencond u should see the right n left mounts when u open the hood. look toward the strut tower on the left n the right should be on the tranny :)

4thgenceli
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Welcome!

The left & right side mounts are easy to see when you open the hood like he said above. Look between the shock tower and engine on the left side of the engine bay and you'll see the passenger side mount. You may need to remove the air intake assembly to see the right mount. The right mount is sometimes called the upper transmission mount (as it mounts to the top of the transmission). They are simple to replace, lift the car up, remove the front tires, stick it on jackstands then use the jack to support the motor while you remove the mounts and replace them.

The left & right mounts support the weight of the transmission while the front and rear work to negate any movement forwards/backwards.

The Captain
08-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Welcome!