PDA

View Full Version : Had a 92 STX now a 00 GT .......

SexyRedDred
08-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Hi everyone. Haven't been here in awhile. I had a 92 STX that I loved dearly, til it was stolen from my front yard. Now I have a 00 GT, it's alittle different, but happy to be home. It's been a CRAPTASTIC couple of years in a Civic.

My car needs some TLC as it was in an accident. Like I need to replace the steering wheel. Of all things the steering wheel. It's killing me to be stuck behind people who don't pay attention to when the light changes. (I hope this won't be too difficult to change). Do I need to look for anything in particular in a new steering wheel?

My sun roof opens but not easily. You really have to push the button really hard. And the interior light does not work (I tried changing the fuse, bulb looks good). Trunk light does not come on either (changed the bulb). I'm beginning to wonder if the prev. owner had something against interior lights.

I really hate the spoiler. I'm really short so it's in my line of vision. That I will attack later to remove and weld holes closed when I'm ready to paint.

The door to the gas tank does not open when you pull the lever.

As with my 92 STX this one also seems to catch water inside the trunk (so Annoying).

But glad to be back!:bigsmile:

Hookecho
08-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Welcome back

Ryan
08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Steering wheel- that is completely up to you, if you want air bags, get another factory steering wheel. If you don't care about the air bags, you could get an aftermarket wheel.

The light issue-Check all of your connections and ground points.

Sunroof- Sounds like a bad switch.

Gas door- If you can get it open, try spraying the plunger with some lubricant. If it won't open period, you probably have a broken cable.

Welcome back!

Sent from MARS! 👽

grimmythereaper
08-26-2012, 04:30 PM
happy to have u back

underscore
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Welcome back!

For the gas door, if the lock/pin thinger moves when you pull the lever then you're likely missing the spring on the door that makes it pop open. For some reason my RC came without this.

SexyRedDred
08-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys!

One more thing. Front Wipers??? How are they suppose to turn on? I've tried pulling the lever/arm down, turning the speed. And nothing! In the middle of a hurricane watch and I have to go to work. Can't figure this out. (Feels like I'm having a blonde moment, lol)

Hookecho
08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Funny how non-blondes can get confused too.

underscore
08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys!

One more thing. Front Wipers??? How are they suppose to turn on? I've tried pulling the lever/arm down, turning the speed. And nothing! In the middle of a hurricane watch and I have to go to work. Can't figure this out. (Feels like I'm having a blonde moment, lol)

No problem!

Spray some RainX on the windshield and drive really fast, then you won't need wipers. Otherwise they work like most other cars so check the fuses, etc.

donteatbugs
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Sounds like you have a lot of electrical problems. I'd start with the BGB tracing the power circuits for each issue.

richee3
08-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I'd definitely start checking fuses. It sounds like most of them are good, except maybe the fuse for the wipers. The switch might be bad for the moon roof but given the random other electrical issues, I'd definitely start checking grounds. With the water in the trunk, it's entirely possible that it's getting entirely too humid in the car and it could potentially be causing some rust on some of your grounds.

Water is easily drained out of the trunk. Underneath the spare tire, there are some rubber plugs. Pop those out and you're good to go. The water could be from the moon roof drains, radio antenna, weather seals around the rear hatch/glass, or possible leaking through a tail light.

MCcelica
08-30-2012, 06:33 AM
It could also be a combo switch for the wipers. Of course it never hurts to also check to see if the mechanism is obstructed or not.

85gtsblackman
09-09-2012, 02:53 AM
i remember you, welcome back

i hate to say this but u have bought an electric gremblin, have fun

92 celica
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Every 7th gen in the salvage yard I work at has a bad wiper transmission so take off your Crowl and see if it's still good

MCcelica
09-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Its easy enough to get that off too. Razor blade or knife to pull off the caps over the bolts on the blade arms, unbolt and remove said blade arms, remove the 4 or 5 phillips head screws across the front and pop off the plastic retainer clips. Off comes the cowel, and it will take the sprayer nozzles with it, just remember to disconnect the tubes.

SexyRedDred
09-28-2012, 04:40 PM
i remember you, welcome back

i hate to say this but u have bought an electric gremblin, have fun

HIIIII ....................OMG. I see what you mean. My fans are not working. :(