PDA

View Full Version : Denver

Ryan
08-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Who on here lives in or around Denver Colorado? I have been tossing around the idea of moving there as of late. I have already applied at a couple places there in case I decide to go through with it. Any info on the area, cost of living, etc. would be much appreciated.

Sent from MARS! 👽

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-24-2012, 08:04 AM
If you ask nicely, CrIScO will cuddle with you on those lonely mile high nights.

METDeath
08-24-2012, 08:41 AM
McCelica also lives near there. Not a bad area to visit... They get a bit more snow than you do though... just a heads up.

The Captain
08-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I have an ex there!

Murgatroy
08-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Snow? Memphis?

Ryan
08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Haha I'm use to snow after living in northern IN and getting not just system snow, but a lot of lake effect.

Sent from MARS! 👽

4thgenceli
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Freaking conspiracy theorists.

The only thing that 'falls' from the sky is dust. Anything else man flew up there and threw out the plane door.

Ryan
08-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Hahaha^

Crisco- know of anywhere I could get a job out there??

Sent from MARS! 👽

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Don't move near the dogfood plant. Worst smell in the universe.

4thgenceli
08-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Hahaha^

Crisco- know of anywhere I could get a job out there??

Sent from MARS! 👽

I bet his store can use another body....

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-24-2012, 09:50 PM
He doesn't have much money, but he always needs a finger warmer.

Murgatroy
08-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I bet his store can use another body....

He doesn't work for the parts store anymore. Send him a text asking for a part and he will tell you in very colorful language.

He works for Nissan now.

karl
08-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I live in Arvada now, on the west side of denver. Only been here since June though.

I wouldn't know about the job market. I still work for my employer in Minnesota, and I'm not actively looking since I'm going to school right now. My wife also still works for her MN employer. Cost of living doesn't seem much different from Minneapolis, for what that's worth.

Also, there's no fucking oxygen here. I'm pretty pear-shaped, which doesn't help. But it sucks having to stop for breath after a couple flights of stairs.

CriScO
08-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Cost of living? Jobs? CriScO isn't the one to ask about such matters. He lives in his own little world with no regard for what happens around him.

Seriously, Marshall comes out here for work like once every year or so and makes me go places I didn't know existed. From what I hear it's more expensive to live here then the southern states, but cheaper then California or New York. *shrug* I do actually need someone at the dealership, but a lot of parts experience, preferably dealership, is required. Other than that I have no clue what the job market looks like.

Lonestag
08-25-2012, 03:26 AM
*shrug* I do actually need someone at the dealership, but a lot of parts experience, preferably dealership, is required. Other than that I have no clue what the job market looks like.

To bad I'm not looking for a job out there!

METDeath
08-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Cost of living? Jobs? CriScO isn't the one to ask about such matters. He lives in his own little world with no regard for what happens around him.

Seriously, Marshall comes out here for work like once every year or so and makes me go places I didn't know existed. From what I hear it's more expensive to live here then the southern states, but cheaper then California or New York. *shrug* I do actually need someone at the dealership, but a lot of parts experience, preferably dealership, is required. Other than that I have no clue what the job market looks like.

That's because you're a fucking Luddite when it comes to food.

burnyd
08-26-2012, 01:49 AM
I went to memphis a few weeks ago for work... I wouldnt want to live in or around that "bible belt" I dont blame you at all! My Grandparents live near Colorado Springs the place is amazing.

Ryan
08-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Shoulda gotten in touch, we could have gone to Beale street and had a beer!

But yes, it is not that great living around here. I would like to move as soon as possible, but at this point it's a saving game for me..

Sent from MARS! 👽

burnyd
08-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Im going back in a few weeks... I work for a company out of Memphis.

Ryan
08-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Right on! Hit me up if you have some down time.

Sent from MARS! 👽

MCcelica
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
As far as CO goes, cost of living isn't much different then elsewhere. Obviously places like Wyoming are cheaper, but then who the hell wants to go to Wyoming? The job market isn't too bad depending on what your skill set is and where you want to move. (Denver has a more well rounded job market where Colorado Springs is better off for computer/networking/military contract support type places).

There's a lot of shit to do here, which is awesome, especially if you like doing outdoors stuff. Let me know if you want more specifics.

There is a bit of a misnomer about the snow too. In the mountains, yes, there are several awesome ski/snowboard areas. Down on the eastern plains though, it's actually fairly rare to get schwacked with a ton of snow. And even if we do get schwacked, it's usually only a day or so before the roads are cleared up again.

Anyways, I get out more than Crisco, so let me know if you have any other questions.

The Captain
08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Anyways, I get out more than Crisco, so let me know if you have any other questions.
Everybody get's more than CrisCo.

Ryan
08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Right on, thanks mc! I'll keep you posted

Sent from MARS! 👽

MCcelica
08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
No worries brotha. But like Car Barn Bandit said, get as far away from Commerce City as possible. That place reeks just driving past on 270, hahaha

Ryan
08-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Hahahah right on bro, I'll keep that in mind.

Sent from MARS! 👽