PDA

View Full Version : Homelink

Ryan
08-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I now have homelink in my car. I was tired of not having a garage door opener Remote in my car. I remembered vikingjz and I ha tried doing this a while back but couldn't get it to work. Well I got it wired up correctly, mounted it, and did some research and realized we were missing one important step. We never synchronized the homelink with the existing remote. Once I did that, it worked like a charm.

Now my task is to make a finish panel for it. It looks okay, and it is concealable since it is in the compartment, but I want to make it look 100% factory.

Sent from MARS! 👽

Luni
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I did a similiar thing to this in my 2000 GTS except I just purchased a homelink rearview mirror and pigtail harness out of a newer Nissan Rogue off ebay for 50 bucks. 3 wires (constant 12v, switched 12v and ground) later and I have an autodimming rearview with 3 homelink buttons. Sucker looks stock. One of the best mods Ive ever done. Love it.

Ryan
08-16-2012, 04:57 PM
For sure! I'm thinking eventually I'll do the same, but for now this will suffice. I was fed up not having an opener for my car lol. Somehow I need to make a finish panel though.

Sent from MARS! 👽