PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make a carbon fiber sunroof plug?

Tecker184
08-02-2012, 03:07 AM
I never use my sunroof and I don't know a good way to delete it. I don't have resources to have a quality piece made or I would have one made for myself.

Does anyone have the resources to have one made? I was thinking we Could make a group buy or something to keep the cost down.

The sunroof assembly is very heavy, puts a lot of weight up high in the car. We could benefit from moving this heavy rarely used accessory. Lease help me find a good solution to this problem please!

celica9303
08-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Not that i know of

KoreanJoey
08-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Just weld in the sheet metal without the assembly. The sheet metal weighs nothing.

Conrad_Turbo
08-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't deal with carbon fiber or fiberglass, however I know of numerous race car guys that build their own CF panels for their race cars. Some with high end vac equipment and others using a compressor from a fridge to draw a vacuum in the bag. I would speculate this would have to be a one off type project, or focused towards a company that is just getting into CF work (which will provide a low cost while allowing them to learn/tweak the process).