PDA

View Full Version : JVC Unable To Save Settings

6thGenBoy
08-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't know if some of you had this problem before but I saw that it's kinda popular in the internet , too bad I did not find any ways to fix this,so maybe you guys from Celicatech can help me out.
So my JVC kd-r421 can't save any settings when I turn it off and turn it on later.For example if I leave a certain radio station or a certain song on , when I turn it off and turn it back it disappears.I have to scroll down and search for the radio station again and ofcourse same with the song.
I know that it has to do something with that memory thingy but when I checked the wires everything seemed to be ok.The red wire was going into the yellow one and the yellow one was going into the red wire.

Hope you guys can help me out cause it's really getting more annoying everyday.

Murgatroy
08-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Sounds to me that you don't have your memory wire hooked up. I am not sure of the color off the top of my head, but that is a perfect definition of this problem.

If you turn your ignition on, and turn the radio off, does the head unit retain your settings?

grimmythereaper
08-02-2012, 02:41 AM
red should go to red and yellow to yellow. if u have the wires mixed it wont save bc IIRC yellow is the mem wire

acidice333
08-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Sounds like you have the red and yellow wires mixed up.

Yellow (from deck) needs constant 12v (regardless if car on/off)
Red (from deck) needs 12v when ACC and ON positions.

6thGenBoy
08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Ok , thanks guys.I'm going to try it out.Just got the car back from the autorepair so did not have the chance to try fixing it.

Borinal
08-04-2012, 05:01 AM
I would suggest investing in a capacitor for your settings. They are super cheap and you wire it inline with your memory so even when you disconnect the battery it will last for a few of days if not longer.

Murgatroy
08-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I would suggest investing in a capacitor for your settings. They are super cheap and you wire it inline with your memory so even when you disconnect the battery it will last for a few of days if not longer.

I am actually surprised I had never thought of that, that is a great idea.