PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the Pick n Pull

Nitro_Alltrac
07-29-2012, 03:31 AM
After hitting Coffee & Rides this morning I ran down to one of the Pick n Pulls here in town. It turned out to be a very successful day.

I was looking for a 5S throttle cable for lalojamesliz, which I think I was able to find. I was also looking for any Celica parts that I might find. I have been looking for a stock All Trac/GT-S spoiler fo my car since a OP had removed the original one. Well, there was a GT-S that hadn't been raped so I got the complete spoiler off of it (the left quarter was rusted and dented in the two areas I need thought:sad:).

I got 4 IAT's for use in my Gen 3 electronics conversion as well as 3 of the correct ignitors.

But the big find of the day was ultra rare cup holder that ACTUALLY LOCKS CLOSED!!! I was stocked about that as that was also missing from my car.

So overall, quite the successful trip. Best one I've had in a while. Now if I could just find a good left GT-S quarter.

celica9303
07-29-2012, 04:08 PM
I have a 5th gen hatch in my garage with the spoiler and wiper, if i knew you wanted a spoiler i could have helped.

Good finds!

l0ch0w
07-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Were the seats good in that GTS? If so you should have stolen the seat covers :)

Lonestag
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
So you found the one good locking cup holder toyota ever made...

Nitro_Alltrac
08-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Were the seats good in that GTS? If so you should have stolen the seat covers :)

If you're looking for the famous Toyota pink velour seat covers, yes. This one had no leather.

Yea, I was totally amazed to find a working cup holders. The stars must have been aligned just right.

lalojamesliz
08-02-2012, 02:42 AM
When I bought my all-trac the cupholder worked fine. On day I took my radio out and had it resting on the cup holder and the cup.holder was on my shifter (without the shift knob) and a spring and some other plastic popped out of the cup holder and now it doesn't work :( I didn't take care of the pieces thinking ill just find and buy another one. If I knew it was this hard to find another one I would have been more careful.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-02-2012, 03:10 AM
I thought I'd found a second one on that trip but it was just extremely gummed up and actually wouldn't open. I bet I've checked 50-75 since I've been looking and haven't found a fully functioning one before now.

grimmythereaper
08-05-2012, 08:12 PM
thats good stuff man, congrats on the cup holders.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I thought I'd found you a Supra hatch but the damn thing was gone.

alltracman78
08-06-2012, 01:46 AM
I never had a problem finding working cup holders? :shrug:
I had a couple good ones FS a while back [cheap; $10 IIRC] but no one wanted to buy them.
I ended up chucking them...