PDA

View Full Version : a2w intercooler options

lalojamesliz
07-21-2012, 11:34 AM
i have a st205 intercooler right now but instead of cutting it up to fit a iat sensor for my ems i was looking at this
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_info.php?cPath=218&products_id=210&osCsid=65e6eb3acc86fa77605c2e13d1433ca7
and this
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_info.php?cPath=218&products_id=203&osCsid=65e6eb3acc86fa77605c2e13d1433ca7
would the bigger one be a overkill for a ct20b at 16 psi with 2.5" piping? eventually ill go with a gt3071 or gt3076 (or similar) but that wont be for a while. the smaller one has a 2.5" inlet and outlet and the bigger one is 3" in and out. also would aluminum pipe be better than stainless steel for the intercooler piping? i liked my st205 intercooler but i installed my iat sensor in the cold start injector location and its heatsoaking and with these intercoolers ill just install it in the pipe after the intercooler. the plan is to try to mount it on the right side of the turbo by the airfilterbox location. thanks guys

Nitro_Alltrac
07-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I had one of these a while back but never mounted it. It is a well made unit and looks like it would do a good job BUT is BIG. I know they give dimensions but until you have it in your hands you don't really realize how much room it takes up. Mounting was what put me off. Due to the size, it would be hard to mount it anywhere near the location of the current WTA. I was looking at mounting it over around the driver's side strut tower but it looked be more work mounting and plumbing than I really wanted to get into. It would probably do the job for you but take into consideration how and where you'll mount it.

lalojamesliz
07-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah mounting it wont be a walk in the park but its all I can think of to fix my problem with the iat sensor I need to install. This or fmic but that would be more $$$ and time (I think so) plus if I went fmic I would have to buy the RC bumper. I already have the RC crash bar. Did you have the 350hp or 600hp intercooler?

Nitro_Alltrac
07-22-2012, 02:37 AM
If I remember correctly, I had the bigger one with the 3" openings. It appeared to be a good quality unit and the welds looked good. Mounting was my only issue. I also got a good deal on a 205 WTA not long after I got it.