PDA

View Full Version : Hello from old All Trac owner that is new to Celica Tech

iTfan
07-09-2012, 05:27 AM
I actually joined late last year but have not spent much time on the forum or on my 92 ST185. Hopefully, that will change soon. I just put my All Trac back on the road after parking it for the past 2 years. I have been a fan of the Celica for many years. My first was an 86 GTS I purchased used shortly after I got out of college. I sold that and bought a used ST165 All Trac around 1993 and bought the ST185 ~10 years ago. I was an original member of the GT4 List and also a member of alltrac dot net for many years.

I am a EE and have worked 25 years for the US Navy specializing in aircraft engine controls and lately, aircraft catapult and arresting gear. A large part of my career has been spent in test cells and troubleshooting problems in the field. I am a very hands-on oriented kind of person.

My All Trac has 193K miles on it and needs some cosmetic work but is mechanically sound. It has Koni inserts up front and GAB adjustable shocks in rear, Whiteline springs and rear swaybar, BBS RK 17" wheels I got a deal on from a buddy with a WRX when he upgraded, and poly suspension bushings. Turbo has a T04E compressor upgrade but is otherwise stock. It has full stainless steel exhaust with Aussie Exhaust down pipe, 2.5" front pipe and HKS cat back system. I was originally going to continue modifying this looking for ~350 whp but have since changed my mind. These All Tracs are getting too rare and I prefer to keep mine close to stock with the mods above and just enjoy it for what it is instead of trying to make it compete with the WRX STI or Lancer Evo.

My other cars are a 97 BMW 328i convertible and a 95 BMW 525i wagon that I am currently swapping an S52 M3 engine into. I converted the wagon to a 5 spd stick a few years ago and have been planning this engine swap for a while. The wagon will be my daily driver when I finish it. With 2 kids and a house to support, these projects can take years because I don't always have the time or the money to do it quicker. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you and being a member of Celica Tech.

celica9303
07-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Welcome!

bloodMoney
07-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Welcome!

Now post some pics :)

pintoBC_3sgte
07-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Welcome. Haha agree with pics! Of all your projects :D