PDA

View Full Version : Hagerty Car Insurance

trumanpriest
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to.....Hagerty. $400 a YEAR for full coverage at 15k. Zero Deductables etc...and if the car is totalled they write me a check for $15,000. It also has 50 mile roadside assistance with flatbed towing and some other nice perks such as no odometer check - Since mine doesn't work - Which I told them and they said no problem. They classified it as a modified exotic because of production numbers and the fact that the car is more than 50hp over stock. All this meant was I had to fill out a form listing all modifications and their guessed value and then provide pics of exterior, interior, engine, and trunk. Also had to provide my declarations page that showed it was not my only/daily driven car and 24hrs later...New policy. Just thought I'd share if anyone was thinking of doing the same. Very happy with the savings and the experience and coverage so far.

Terracar
07-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Is there a limit on annual mileage or when/where you can drive it?

-Terracar

trumanpriest
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
They asked me to guess. I told them around 1k miles. But I didn't know for sure...I might want to take it on a long trip or something. She said that was fine - just wanted a guess. Without requiring my Odometer to work I don't know how they would even tell.

underscore
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
They classified it as a modified exotic

If I lived in the US I'd join just for this haha

lalojamesliz
07-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to.....Hagerty. $400 a YEAR for full coverage at 15k. Zero Deductables etc...and if the car is totalled they write me a check for $15,000. It also has 50 mile roadside assistance with flatbed towing and some other nice perks such as no odometer check - Since mine doesn't work - Which I told them and they said no problem. They classified it as a modified exotic because of production numbers and the fact that the car is more than 50hp over stock. All this meant was I had to fill out a form listing all modifications and their guessed value and then provide pics of exterior, interior, engine, and trunk. Also had to provide my declarations page that showed it was not my only/daily driven car and 24hrs later...New policy. Just thought I'd share if anyone was thinking of doing the same. Very happy with the savings and the experience and coverage so far.
wife
how did you figure out the value of your all-trac? right now i pay $40 a month for full coverage at allstate. i still remember my called to make a change to our insurance and the bitch at the insurance office asked my wife is she is sure that we want full coverage on our 91 celica!?!?

underscore
07-06-2012, 12:08 AM
PS I hate you guys and your cheap insurance. I pay $100 and change a month for the GTS, $110 and change for the RC. Kinda sad that they barely value the RC above a GTS

trumanpriest
07-06-2012, 03:41 AM
wife
how did you figure out the value of your all-trac? right now i pay $40 a month for full coverage at allstate. i still remember my called to make a change to our insurance and the bitch at the insurance office asked my wife is she is sure that we want full coverage on our 91 celica!?!?

The value of my All-trac was just the value I gave them that it would cost me to rebuild one if mine got totalled. I wouldn't have been happy with less than a check for 15k if the gfirl gets totalled so thats what I assigned as a value. Their underwriters look over the worksheets and photo's etc so they must not have had an issue with it. It's a little low of a value if I really had to rebuild one to where this one is probably, but I can always increase the value (and the premium) later on. On the modifications worksheet I only included the cost for parts, no laber values.

90ToyAllTrac
07-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Ive had hagerty for many years for my 69 stang. They dont really seem to care how much you drive the car cause they dont want any documentation. I pay like $125 PER YEAR! and you get the sweet quarterly hagerty news magazine. Ive never had to make a claim but Im sure most of thier clients are rich ass holes with $100k + cars so they got plenty o money and dont worry about anything.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-13-2012, 03:58 AM
I got an online quote earlier in the week. About half of what I'm paying for liability and comp. Since I'm not having to use it for my daily driver I'm going to call them next week and check the details. I'd been thinking about checking with them for a while but after seeing this, I decided I need to check on this.

187flatliner
07-15-2012, 08:48 AM
really......hummmm...i wonder what filing a claim is like?.......

87 gt ....= 7500.....sounds good to me....lol

Galcobar
07-16-2012, 12:03 AM
PS I hate you guys and your cheap insurance. I pay $100 and change a month for the GTS, $110 and change for the RC. Kinda sad that they barely value the RC above a GTS

The conditions Trumanpriest describes would match ICBC's collector vehicle classification -- not your primary transportation, driven only for pleasure, limited production, etc. As long as you have another vehicle for primary transportation, the collector status results in a lower premium.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-16-2012, 02:32 AM
That's why I'm looking at this route. I'm not driving it daily like I used to, maybe 2-3K per year. I'm going to call and talk to them this week & get more info. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Galcobar is right though, their not going to cover you for a daily driver.

underscore
07-19-2012, 06:06 AM
The conditions Trumanpriest describes would match ICBC's collector vehicle classification -- not your primary transportation, driven only for pleasure, limited production, etc. As long as you have another vehicle for primary transportation, the collector status results in a lower premium.

I should definitely look into that, having full insurance on the RC is silly as I have 2 other vehicles and it'll likely never be DD'd. I wonder if they';re ok with it being modified though.

Grot
07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
looking at Hagerty's website modified is no problem at all.

underscore
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Not Hagerty, ICBC (I'm Canadian)

Galcobar
07-20-2012, 06:32 AM
ICBC has a modified collector's level, but for some bloody reason it's restricted to vehicles built in 1958 or older. Instead of asking on this forum, though, why not consult ICBC directly? http://www.icbc.com/registration-licensing/specialty-vehicles/collector-vehicles#