PDA

View Full Version : 3sge sidefeed manifold issues and fixes?

lalojamesliz
07-05-2012, 06:54 AM
So I now want to install a 3sge intake manifold on my gen2 and since I was able to get one from a board member on here I have the hard part done. Well kind of..... I know some people here have installed one on their gen2 but what issues did they have and how did.they fix those issues? My all-trac is my daily driver so I can't afford to have it down for so long that's why I want to have everything covered so I can swap this in and not take a month or so. So guys what info should people know?

91Atrac
07-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm down to follow this cuz I too have mine as a dd and will be purchasing a side feed soon to make converting to fmic easier and cleaner.

Will any gen side feed work for the gen2 3sgte and will all the standard center feed parts fit. Mine is coming with the tvsv and vis stuff so won't need to swap that over but will the throttle body work and how do we shorten the throttle cable?

Sent from Qbabys Tapatalk.

lalojamesliz
07-09-2012, 03:30 AM
From what I've seen is that it needs to be from a gen1 3sge and people use the gen2 3sgte throttlebody but with a Camry throttle cable.I'm not sure on the year though. If you find out let us know :) You will have to grind the inlet of the manifold to match the 3sgte manifold for the IAC and I was told it was very easy to do. The egr valve is another mission to do, well at least it will be for me since its not in the same location but if I can do that then I should be ok.

joe's gt
07-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Smog hookup? Ur gonna need it, cuz it won't pass visual with a sidefeed. And if you have the hookup, why even worry about EGR at all? do the egr delete mod and short whatever pins are needed with a wire or resistor to trick the ecu to thinking there is one on there so it doesn't throw a CEL.

lalojamesliz
07-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Smog hookup? Ur gonna need it, cuz it won't pass visual with a sidefeed. And if you have the hookup, why even worry about EGR at all? do the egr delete mod and short whatever pins are needed with a wire or resistor to trick the ecu to thinking there is one on there so it doesn't throw a CEL.

I've thought of this also, last time/first time I smogged my all-trac I finally passed with a guy that told me he can pass me if I failed for a little extra but since I fixed the issue myself I didn't need his help. In a few months ill need to smog my all-trac again and I was thinking of going and asking him right now if he's still willing to do that if I leave on my gen3 efi and go with this sidefeed. Only other worry would be if I get pulled over and a cop wants to check..... this shit sucks balls :(
F

lalojamesliz
07-12-2012, 06:19 PM
this idea might wait a bit longer for me to do since i also just bought the other solution for the cylinder 3 and 4 lean problem :) http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtpnp-g2-ts9092-for-the-9092-toyota-mr2-celica-3sgte-p-518.html

KoreanJoey
07-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Commiefornia...