PDA

View Full Version : Fender

acidice333
07-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Got backed into awhile ago and the lady said she is going to pay for damages so Im looking at the website and I must have missed it but I can only see fenders for a convertible.

I need one for my 90 GTS, driver side.
Hopefully you can hook me up with a decent price :)

I thought about getting used but I have to get it painted anyways to match the black and better to have one without imperfections and the typical rust.

Side note, ordered some stuff from ya guys and they came in today so Im happy :)

acidice333
07-05-2012, 02:20 AM
...or is the front fender the same part # as a ST/GT? ..its been so long since I did a fender on a Celica

Galcobar
07-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Widebody fenders would be different than the standard fenders used on the GT/ST

acidice333
07-05-2012, 04:25 AM
Thats what I thought :( GT/ST is easier/cheaper to come by but I want a GTS fender.

Im having a hard time finding a used one locally or in your area Galcobar...

Galcobar
07-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Toyodiy.com yielded a couple part numbers for wide-body fenders.

Fender sub-assembly, ST18* WIB, $250.57:
Front RH 53801-2B170
Front LH 53802‑2B170

Plugged those numbers, with the dash, into Lithia's parts website and it came up with GTS fenders. Now if I could just remember whether Toyota designates left and right based upon standing behind the car, or in front of it...

Aaron Willis
07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Left and right are always described as if you are sitting in the vehicle. Left = driver's side, right = passenger side in North America. However, we do not ship large body panels. The huge shipping cost and high risk of damage far outweigh any potential discount.

Since there will be paint work involved, you're going to a body shop anyway, so you will be FAR better off to let the body shop order the part. Or you can give the part number to the person paying the bill and let her go to a local dealership and purchase the fender herself.

Left front fender for a widebody ST18# is 53802‑2B170. It is still available new but it will take some time to get from a warehouse to the dealer your body shop buys from.