PDA

View Full Version : Damn Pic N Pull SA

Nitro_Alltrac
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I was there the Sunday before last, the 17th and they had a GTS that had only been there about a month had a ton of parts still on it. I'm needing the bottom front piece of the left rear quarter panel which was good on the car. I didn't have a saw with me then but hey, it's hadn't been there that long and wasn't stripped. Stopped in on the way home from work yesterday and the damn thing is gone! It was about 4 cars into the row so it wasn't easy for them to take it out. The really aggraviating thing is that there are a couple of coupes that are pretty much stripped and have been in the front row for over a year and they are still there! This is the 3 GTS has that has disappeared from either this yard or the other one since I've been here. Coupes stay forever but hatchs disappear quickly. As far as I know, they don't sell complete cars so I'm assuming that they are crushing them. What a pisser.

The Captain
06-30-2012, 09:40 PM
He who hesitates...

Nitro_Alltrac
06-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I know. I've got to buy the saw and then have all of my batteries charged up so I've been going first for recon and then trying to go back. I guess if and when I find another one I'll have to make a full day of it. I'd like to just find a GTS with a good body but blown engine and buy the thing for parts.

darthripley
07-01-2012, 06:39 PM
JYs here in DFW love to crush all the celicas, even coupes. They told me they are "old cars" & can get more for the scrap metal than just letting them sit for part pulling. The ironic thing is 1 JY we go to has had a 80s TE corolla now for at least 3-4 yrs just sitting.