PDA

View Full Version : Definative st185 3SGTE modest street build thread

90ToyAllTrac
06-26-2012, 02:48 AM
A ? for the few that have built kick ass 3SGTE mod engines. If I was going to, able to get my 90 3SGTE, 148k miles engine machined in town, what parts would make a kick ass smooth running street All Trac using stock US harness and ECU? Crank, rods and pistons? Cylinder head? Cams? Using stock turbo. Possibly what aftermarket intake if there are any. Using big intercooler.

Not for beating a new vette at the drag strip, just a kick ass street driving All Trac. Dont want to spend $6k. Just use my original spare engine to really make it kick ass. If possible. Maybe its a dumb question, IDK. Thanks,

MrWOT
06-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Stock internals are plenty strong for anything the factory turbo puts out, just make sure it gets a full recondition (rods resized, polished, peened). Some higher lift cams with minimal duration would be a nice bonus. I'd leave everything else powertrain alone and invest in the chassis. (I would take the turbine housing off and send it out to get ported)

l0ch0w
06-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Honestly, if you are considering getting your bottom end done, search around for a gen 3 EFI swap. Its good for alot more power, and still has stock reliability. And really all you have to do is repin the ECU connector...

90celicaGTX
06-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Honestly, if you are considering getting your bottom end done, search around for a gen 3 EFI swap. Its good for alot more power, and still has stock reliability. And really all you have to do is repin the ECU connector...

is there a sticky for this whats needed and all?

90celicaGTX
06-29-2012, 04:56 AM
also 90toyalltrac.

i am currently doin a full rebuild
using complete stock parts..

except
im having my turbo rebuilt milled to t3/t4 hybrid
to a .50 and putting a nice new ceramic coating..
ill prob make a thread once i get the eng out ..

what im lookin into is either getting the wolfkratz 8mm fuel rail.
but idk if i can fit bigger injectors w it..

or just spend the cash for a top feed and bigger inj.

watchin the funds as i do it