PDA

View Full Version : st205 turbo problems

kcameron
06-21-2012, 07:26 AM
hi everyone
i am having toubles with turbo pressure
when its is cold it will boost up to 14psi but when it warms up, the max i can hit is 4 psi
i have checked for leaks and cannot find anything
i need help

lalojamesliz
06-21-2012, 08:23 AM
when the engine is cold you can boost up to 14 psi or when its cold outside?

alltracman78
06-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Block off the vaccum line running from the wastegate actuator to the rear of the engine [it goes to the turbo VSV] and see if it still does it.
If it does make sure the wastegate actuator can hold pressure.

Luni
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
If the Actuator cant hold pressure, it would overboost.

If the line going to the back of the engine was broken it would also cause overboost.

Im going to have to go with boost leak, ignition issue, or restriction in the exhaust like a clogged cat.

Luni
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM

If the line going to the back of the engine was broken it would also cause overboost.

Im going to have to go with boost leak, ignition issue, or restriction in the exhaust like a clogged cat.

Funkycheeze
06-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Could be a worn spring in the actuator and a bad TVSV, so it is not boosting 'extra' in gears 2 and above, and the WG is opening too soon.

Boost leak is the most probable cause. I'd check the bypass valve on the side of the airbox, it is cheap plastic shit and the top can break off.

alltracman78
07-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Yeah, I don't know WTF I was thinking when I typed that.
I was completely wrong. :P

Luni
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
When springs wear out they actually get stiffer.

Im pretty damn sure his issue is going to be ignition related, boost leak, or a restriction in the exhaust like a clogged cat.

ChrisD
07-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Tricky one without seeing the car in person...does the car run normal otherwise? Does it accelerate fine, just slow and with no boost?

On top of what everyone else said, could even be a popped knock sensor or something else causing the car to run in limp mode.