PDA

View Full Version : Website Slow

Luni
06-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, we know its slow. Im bitching at Borinal about it.

In the meantime, I notice looking at my domain stats there are ALOT of HTTP requests coming in from other sites (basically hotlinking images from gallery) which could be attributing to our higher than normal load times.

I personally think its something with the new server as our old server seems like it ran better than this, but Ive disabled hotlinking from the gallery to other sites for right now.

I need you guys to tell me how well the site has been running for you since Ive done this.

MrWOT
06-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Seems plenty responsive to me

Luni
06-21-2012, 01:05 AM
It wasn't before. It seems OK now tho. Odd.

Borinal
06-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Yeah the search is super quick now. Things actually seem very good. Keep an eye on it and please post here if you experience issues. Maybe the last bump on resources did the trick because it was running good with the exception of searches before that and now searches are at least for me quick. I'll be very happy if things are finally resolved as far as general performance goes. That was the whole point of the move.

Murgatroy
06-21-2012, 03:30 AM
There are several of us that are guilty of hotlinking.

Me and Jason come to mind...

Damn the man, trying to keep a brother down.

The site seems faster and more responsive now though, especially compared to earlier today.

Luni
06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Hotlinking has been reenabled. That wasnt what was fucking up.

Hookecho
06-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Maybe it was the dino oil.

Luni
06-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Maybe. Put some synthetic in that bitch and its been good.

The Captain
06-22-2012, 03:39 PM
It was Ricksta surfing NSFW forum.

OK, it was me.

MrWOT
06-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Occasionally slow as molasses now, and get "server too busy" for long periods... FAIL.

pintoBC_3sgte
06-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Occasionally slow as molasses now, and get "server too busy" for long periods... FAIL.

yup!

Borinal
06-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Has it continued to be slow? So far it's been great for me. But I'm not on here as much as you guys.

MCcelica
06-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Seems good on the 4G so far. Better than it was at home before I left a week ago.

Outsider
06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
wow.... what happened to the website.
I still wander through the site from time to time.
Is this site ever SLOW...SLOW...SLOW...
It takes over 30 seconds each time a selection is made and a new page must load.

What's up??http://members.shaw.ca/r.jeffery/Images/Smiles/astonished.gif

Luni
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah Dave, it is going slow today.

We are on with another VM that is doing a lot of work. This host you picked sucks. See if theyll migrate our VM to a different server (its called a host), and lets see if that helps.

Luni
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah Dave, it is going slow today.

We are on with another VM that is doing a lot of work. This host you picked sucks. See if theyll migrate our VM to a different server (its called a host), and lets see if that helps.

Borinal
06-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Have things been any better?

Luni
06-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Have you done anything about it?

Also, have any idea whats up with the BGBs? Im thinking the files are still there. No idea why the damn page just redirects.

Murgatroy
06-27-2012, 05:54 PM
It is still slow as balls for me at work.

And I still get redirected to the homepage when I try to check my email...

CollapsedNut
06-28-2012, 01:10 AM
I quit.

Borinal
06-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Sorry, I've been super busy. Yeah I asked them to move us to a different server. They claimed that they did. Was surprisingly quick and didn't change IP addresses or anything. I suppose that's possible but I somewhat question it, I don't really know enough about the systems to say to be completely honest. Has it been better? I check in every now and then and click on forums and new posts and it's been consistent for me but I might not be catching it at a time that it's running slow a couple of you have said it's still having issues is it a consistent time frame or just the luck of the draw?

I'm not sure what is up with the BGB's I'll check them out when I get a chance. it's supposed to be bgbonline.celicatech.com?

4thgenceli
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
If it's a virtual system yeah the could of moved it with no downtime or networking change. Clustered ESXi + vCenter FTW.

Borinal
06-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Murgatroy,

Something is up with the subdomains I've done some digging and all of the settings migrated over but for some reason they are all just forwarding to the root domain.

Use this for now, I installed the new version of round cube also.

http://celicatech.com/mail

http://www.celicatech.com/bgbonline also gets you there. I'll update you when the subdomains are resolved let me know if the mail works for you. It worked for me.

Luni
06-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I figured out whats up with the subdomains.

Ill fix them. They basically just need to be deleted, and readded. It seems you delete a subdomain and then a parked domain shows up. You delete that parked domain then you can readd the subdomain and it starts working again.

Luni
06-29-2012, 07:56 PM
bgbonline.celicatech.com, mail.celicatech.com fixed.

Ill work on the others later. The critical stuff works again.

Borinal
06-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Awesome I was going to try that but was worried to delete them because it said permanently delete didn't want to lose the associated folders. Was going to test with a newly created one. Thanks though.

pintoBC_3sgte
07-08-2012, 06:32 AM
i don't know about anyone else, but i still find the site super slow? :?

Hookecho
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Slow as hell.