PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a prank

CarolinaJr.
06-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Hey guys, Its been a while. So my brother just starting driving his 93 GT-S. I want to play a prank on him. I want to wire his horn to go off every time he hits the brake petal. Now Id undo it before he left the house I just want to get him in the drive way or something. Any ideas on how to do this would be great and Id really appreciate it. I am a firefighter now and I have seen this done at the fire house as a prank I just have no clue how to do it.
Thanks! :excitedguy:

Edit:
The last thing I want to do is to mess something up. It is my brother so by any means I don't want anything to happen to him or his car that he just rebuilt. If cant figure it out with some help then its just going to have to be a funny idea that never happens. I don't think it is a good thing to mess with anyone's breaks. I do think it would be okay to do it in a drive way and change it back as soon as the joke was over as long as I know what I am doing. So if you think it is a stupid idea, I understand why

CarolinaJr.
06-05-2012, 07:08 AM
The last thing I want to do is to mess something up. It is my brother so by any means I don't want anything to happen to him or his car that he just rebuilt. If cant figure it out with some help then its just going to have to be a funny idea that never happens. I don't think it is a good thing to mess with anyone's breaks. I do think it would be okay to do it in a drive way and change it back as soon as the joke was over as long as I know what I am doing. So if you think it is a stupid idea, I understand why

MCcelica
06-05-2012, 08:08 AM
In my mind, what would be more funny is if you rigged it to honk the horn when the door is open. That way it's not critical, but it is annoying and you can leave it for a while until he gets tired of it...

Masani
06-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Perhaps to his turn signals? Or reverse lights. XD

lalojamesliz
06-05-2012, 05:19 PM
im no expert but for the brakes i would put a wire from the brake bulb power wire to a relay and for the doors mabey a relay going to the dome light?

CollapsedNut
06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Just put a couple squirts of ATF in the tail pipe, itll smoke like crazy til it burns off.

Hookecho
06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Do it with the turn signal lamps. it will be easier and less wire to run. Get some wire splice connectors from the parts store and simply connect the power wire from the signal lamp to the power wire on the horn. It's easily removed and you will only have to run a couple feet of wire.

underscore
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I coulda sworn you can just run a jumper in the fuse box from the brake light fuse to the horn fuse.

MrWOT
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I coulda sworn you can just run a jumper in the fuse box from the brake light fuse to the horn fuse.

This.

Murgatroy
06-06-2012, 06:39 PM

This.
That is how I would have done it.

alltracNyx
06-06-2012, 11:52 PM

Yup, if both are negative trigger wires. But I'm pretty sure that the brake switch wire (green/white, I think) is a positive trigger while the horn wire (green, in the steering column) is a negative trigger. It's been a few years, so I don't remember. If that's the case, then you don't want to jump the wires directly together.

There are probably a few ways to do it, but I'd use a relay.

85 to brake wire +
86 to ground
87 to ground
30 to horn wire -

l0ch0w
06-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Get 4 blade style electrical connectors that are the same size as the blades in a fuse and 4 pieces of wire that can connect all four together when jumpering the brake light fuse and the horn fuse... Its as simple as that...

CarolinaJr.
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks very much guys, I like the door and blinker ideas. Ill be sure to take pics and show what and how I do once I get it all figured out.