PDA

View Full Version : cs hood

jdm_celica_gts
06-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Local dealership couldn't find the parts in there system (don't really know if they even tried), can you pm me the price of a full cs hood for st185?

Aaron Willis
06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Ahhh...well...I don't use PMs (not necessary since we have the forum), I don't quote prices on the forum (not necessary since we have www.LithiaToyotaParts.com), and we don't ship sheetmetal (too easy to damage during shipping, too costly to ship if packaged properly). Other than that, no problem!

Part numbers are here:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?47746-ST185-CS-RC-Front-Crash-Bar-amp-Bumper-Thread

You can order any part number that works on www.LithiaToyotaParts.com - except for the hood, which we will not sell you unless you drive up to Oregon and pick it up in person. The likelihood of damage is just way too high. You should be able to give the part number of the hood you your local dealership and have them order it for you, although we normally suggest that people let their body shop order sheetmetal rather than trying to buy it themselves. This gives the body shop control of the process and gives them some recourse in case the parts arrive damaged.

As far as your local dealership not really trying, please understand that US dealerships only get US parts catalogs. CS parts are not in the US catalog. It's not a matter of "trying" because we can't read a book that we don't have. Again, since these cars are not in the US catalog, we can't look up part numbers for them. It is only through sheer luck that someone added the CS part numbers to the US parts database and made them available to US dealerships if you give us the part numbers.