PDA

View Full Version : i only have one plug under the dash, for my cd player...?

hmercier1714
05-30-2012, 12:58 PM
so i wish i could post a pic of this but idk how in threads...anyways i was gunna hook my new dvd player up but when i took the stock one out i saw there was only only male plug. and when i look at the back of the stock cd player there is two female plugs...you know where you put ur plug into the cd player its self....i already ordered my new wiring harnesses, and again i got two but the under the dash there is one and its the bigger male plug. soooo im asking if someone can help me figure this out and understand what is going on. there are no wires under the dash that are slpiced....and none that i can see that the other plug was cut out.....?

UtahSleeper
05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Cant you just post a pic of it in your gallery and post it in the thread through that?

I dont have a 7th gen, so not alot of help on much else.

david in germany
05-31-2012, 03:53 PM
What year and model Celica? Do you have the system 10?

hmercier1714
05-31-2012, 04:21 PM
it is a 2000 toyota celica gt-s. im not sure what system is in it now. i just know there are two tweeters and four speakers (front n back). plus my camera exits no longer...lost it on a coaster this saterday at six flags on the king da ka....awsome ride by the way....anyways....yeah...so i read another thread and it was saying i had to bypass the amp and my question now is use the two plugs that normally would go into the amp as my wiring harness for my dvd player just gotta have longer wires???? the link for this thread is: .... http://www.celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/79333/GT-S-Stereo-Install-How-To-Pix.html .... to clarify im trying to figure out if my dvd player wire harness and these harnesses from the stock amp is what i need to connect together....?

david in germany
06-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Yes, I did an install on a 99 Celica with amp. You must follow the cable that connected to the stock radio and disconnect the amp from the car then the wires that the amp are plugged into will reach the dash cavity.
The install was a pain, had to remove driver and passenger under dash panels to be able to get to the amp IIRC.

Posted from Imperial walker 17a via planetary datcom server

hmercier1714
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
so then what kind of harness do i need to buy that will fit the harnesses from the amp...?it wont fit the toyota ones i bought....

BabyBear
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
You can either bypass the stock amplifier, I can't find a thread on it right now and I think Luni may have written one, or you can get this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120708113/Toyota-Receiver-Wiring-Harness.html?tp=2977

crymson
06-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I went through this about a year ago. There is nothing here about doing it, but newcelica has a lot of information on it. For what it's worth I got the harness babybear linked, and other than a little alternator whine (which newcelica has a fix for, but one project car at a time) it works great and saved a lot of hassle of bypassing, especially on the '00-'02 premium systems. Be aware that AFAIK there is no bypass harness, you either use the amp or splice to bypass.