PDA

View Full Version : greasing rachets and wrenches

lue
05-29-2012, 07:55 PM
what kind of grease/lube do you guys use to grease your tools? wrenches & rachets...i'm thinking about using the SUPER LUBE synthetic grease they have over @ harbor freight..

Nitro_Alltrac
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Truthfully, I've never greased/lubed my tools specifically. They usually get enought oil and grease on them to take care of anything when I'm working on the car.

I don't know about Super Lube specifically, but if it's synthetic grease it would probably be fine.

Murgatroy
05-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Why would you grease a wrench?

Most ratchets are sealed.

To be honest, I am with Mike, my tools see enough grease and oil on them when I use them, I just wipe them down and put them back in the tool box when I am done.

celica9303
05-30-2012, 01:35 AM

To be honest, I am with Mike, my tools see enough grease and oil on them when I use them, I just wipe them down and put them back in the tool box when I am done.

lue
05-30-2012, 06:26 AM

wrenches that have moving gears like the reversible wrenches. even the sealed ratchets still need to be lube once in a while. sealed or not..

lue
05-30-2012, 06:27 AM

KoreanJoey
05-30-2012, 06:39 AM
If the gears in the ratchet starts to stick just leave the ratchet in some atf.

Otherwise, no, I don't lube my ratchets. If it ever becomes a problem matco will just warranty it.