PDA

View Full Version : 93 GT Dust Deflector

grifter30
05-16-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm looking to get a dust deflector for a 93 GT w/ Manual gransmission. Can you tell me if there is one in stock there? I can't find anyone near me with one in stock and the local dealer says that it'll be 7-10 days before they can get one. Thanks!

Aaron Willis
05-16-2012, 05:31 PM
I guess I am not sure what you mean by "dust deflector". There are all kinds of parts all over the car with similar descriptions. Can you be more specific?

grifter30
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM
My bad, I wrote that in a hurry. It is on the hub assembly. It is the inner hub and sits outside the oil seal and snap ring.

Aaron Willis
05-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Part number is 43247-12010 if you have ABS, 43247-33010 if you don't. We do not stock them. Order time is three business days to us, two to three more business days to you. But why do you need them? If they're not destroyed during removal, you should be able to reuse them pretty much indefinitely.

grifter30
05-17-2012, 01:17 AM
That's a good question. My day started as just a replace my axles day, but got sidetracked into a rebuild/replace a hub day when the entire thing fell apart when I removed the axle. The car had been wrecked before I owned it and I'm guessing this is an after effect. It had no dust deflector nor dust cover and the races were free-spinning on the hub. It appears that everything was hastily put back together without the dust components and probably should have gotten a new hub or bearing at the same time.